This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Where to get babygros and body suits for a small but long baby?

(18 Posts)
bytheseaside Tue 06-Nov-12 19:17:43

My prem baby is long enough in body and legs for newborn in some brands, but the bodies are ridiculously baggy as she is still just over 5lb and the arms are too long (tried next and sainsburys lately). Any suggestions for where to get some more gros and vests in the right proportions for her (in tiny baby or newborn size) I bet theres a load of threads on this already hidden in this section, had a quick look, but no luck.
Thanks!

I found Tesco were very good for my very long slim babies. That was a fair few years ago tho.

Will second Tesco, DS1&2, both long babies and Tesco was the only place sold gros to fit. DS2 is 21 weeks so have bought recently.

bytheseaside Tue 06-Nov-12 20:02:48

Thanks for quick reply! That's great advice - just had a look online, and annoyingly they don't do much in tiny baby size, which I suspect is what she needs for next few weeks - although will be perfect for when she eventually hits their long newborn size. And very reasonable. So revised question - is there anywhere that does long, thin vests and gros for a 5 lb tiny baby?

My dtds were only 3-4lb when they came home. IIRC they did do a low birthweight version which would have still been too big but I made do.

bytheseaside Tue 06-Nov-12 20:16:09

yes, you are right, I think it matters more that the vests fit snugly to help keep those tiny nappies in place, in the face of very frequent, explosive poos!

The ones to avoid are VHS. Made for spherical babies. I distinctly remember their low birthweight being too big if you go by the weight in the label but actually far far to short.

*bhs

bytheseaside Tue 06-Nov-12 21:27:15

how mad - early babies are always skinny minnies! thanks

HaleAndHeartyYuletideAges Mon 10-Dec-12 00:28:43

Gap. My ds is also skinny and long, Gap seem to be under the impression babies come equipped with Inspector Gadget legs.

mumbabes Thu 20-Dec-12 02:04:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

MerryChristMoose Thu 20-Dec-12 02:25:37

I know Next do a new baby size and then 0-1 month, which is slightly bigger. Not sure how they are for length in the leg though?

My baby wasn't prem but he was too long for babygros so I used footless ones.
I found H&M was good for them.
Otherwise, cut the feet off babygros if you need to?

SingSung Thu 20-Dec-12 02:53:26

PetitBateau - great for tall and thin, I guess it's a French thing!

ConfessionsofaMumpreneur Mon 11-Mar-13 22:46:22

Have you thought about rompers rather than sleepsuits? and pop a pair of socks on, they will last you twice as long to. Also green baby are good for long babies. Try KyNa Boutique (online) they have loads of rompers and vests.

ConfessionsofaMumpreneur Mon 11-Mar-13 22:48:29

Have you thought about rompers rather than sleepsuits? and pop a pair of socks on, they will last you twice as long to. Also green baby are good for long babies. Try KyNa Boutique (online) they have loads of rompers and vests.

TheDetective Mon 11-Mar-13 22:58:42

For vests, we had this problem, DS long and skinny (2nd centile weight, 98th height!) at birth. M&S newborn ones up to 7lb8 were perfect for him.

Also Next baby grows too.

FamiliesShareGerms Mon 11-Mar-13 23:04:11

Mothercare fitted my skinny prem baby well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now