This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Trousers for 3yo that aren't 8cm too long - anyone know who makes them?

(14 Posts)
SarkyWench Wed 07-Nov-12 20:14:34

I don't think that they necessarily get it wrong. I just think that kids vary widely in body proportions. Ds1 is average height but has relatively little legs.
Same as adults really. Trousers are always too long for me but I'm not really that short.

ArthurShappey Wed 07-Nov-12 20:03:56

I have this exact problem... I don't understand how they can get toddler boy sizings so wrong,
The best fit I find for me is H&M. Te worst got M&S they're totally wrong.

Have you checked gap sizes as they were always pretty short?

MicroTablet Tue 06-Nov-12 16:18:24

Great, thanks for the info. I didn't know next did a plus size so that's really useful.

SarkyWench Tue 06-Nov-12 15:16:00

my boys have short legs so I buy the 'plus' range from next in a smaller size.
So ds1 (5) wears 4+ trousers which are the leg length of size 4 but the waist size of size 5 IYKWIM.

BertieBotts Tue 06-Nov-12 15:09:44

DS has recently just gone from 2-3 to 3-4 trousers too, and you're right - it's a massive jump.

I just rolled them up though TBH. And then he had a growth spurt, so they can now be worn without rolling up.

lynniep Tue 06-Nov-12 15:06:47

sorry I think that first link just takes you to the general page. Its the Block Stripe Velour Child Trousers (2-6yrs)

lynniep Tue 06-Nov-12 15:05:11

just beware of Vertbaudet - their clothes tend to be made for very skinny children. I stopped buying anything for DS1 (cant even consider DS2) because the trousers were too tight. And he is a skinny 5 year old.

I share your pain with trouser length. DS2 is a porky but tall (over a metre) 2 year old (3 on sunday) and he seems to have a long body and short legs. All of his 2-3 trousers are too short but he gets away with it because he wears wellies all day. All of his 3-4 trousers that came from his brother are way too long. The only ones I put him in now are his polarn leggings/baggies. They were expensive, but I got them on offer and will last for AGES because they are good quality. They have cuffed bottoms and therefore it doesnt matter that theyre too long because they never slip over his feet.

He has these which I love and everyone comments on (they are nice and warm for this weather) and also these which look more like jogging bottoms.

MicroTablet Tue 06-Nov-12 14:53:37

lainey, fabulous thank you! Why don't more shops sell age 3 rather than 3-4.

Vertbaudet could be a lifesaver.

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Tue 06-Nov-12 12:12:08

vertbaudet here

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Tue 06-Nov-12 12:10:56

2-3 yrs not 203yrs!!

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Tue 06-Nov-12 12:10:40

Have you tried 203yrs in H&M - they tend to be longer than most high st stores (sorry don't know exact measurements) my ds is always a size smaller there than everywhere else
wish I had remembered that when I bought 2 new pairs of mahoosive 2-3yr old trousers for my 23month old!

RugBugs Tue 06-Nov-12 12:08:09

Have you tried zara? Their sizing is on the small side.

MicroTablet Tue 06-Nov-12 12:04:51

I have an average size 3 year old DS, he's 97cm tall with fairly long legs but I can't find any trousers that fit him. It's driving me mad.

Age 2-3 trousers are way too short but age 3 - 4 are huge! They are all about 8cm too long and totally useless for him unless I turn up and hem them which is a waste because they then all quickly develop a washed out line and can't be let down when he grows because they look scruffy. Rolling them up doesn't work either as they look silly and just fall down.

I have tried all of the high street chains, Boden, Gap, Next, Gymboree, Adams etc. All are made for height 104cm in his age range.

Boden baby used to be my favourites because the baby range used to be a bit smaller than average so fitted nicely with minimal turning up required. But they seem to have normalised their range to other manufacturers sizing now too.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just us? And does anyone know which manufacturers might make trousers that come up a bit shorter length wise.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now