This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Warm wellies or other neoprene lined wellies?

(11 Posts)
Wallace Fri 02-Nov-12 16:24:43

Most of them don't start small enough (need a 5 or 6) www.warmwellies.co.uk/ do but choice is green or purple sad

Any recommendations?

Wallace Fri 02-Nov-12 19:53:39

bump smile

Joules do fleece lined wellies but not sure which size they start. I use fleece welly liners for my dc which seem pretty cosy.

Indith Sun 04-Nov-12 10:21:45

I have welly socks made from baby alpaca for the dcs this year, very snuggly! I got ours from Perilla, they are one size fits all so a bit big at the moment on mine but they are still comfy for them and at least I know they will last several years!

Wallace Sun 04-Nov-12 11:10:20

ooh sounds snuggily!

Last year we got the snow boots from decathlon(for my older kids) which are wellies with a liner and they are very warm, but they don't do them small enough.

VivaLeBeaver Sun 04-Nov-12 11:12:09

Joules are shit, their boots leak.

seeker Sun 04-Nov-12 11:12:17

What's wrong with green or purple?

Indith Sun 04-Nov-12 11:19:40

I get Lidl ones which are small enough but you have to get in there on the day they start selling them really! I missed out on their welly type ones with removable liners this year and jsut have snow boots but I like to keep those for when there is snow and ice so they don't wear the grip down and because they are not fully waterproof. I think separate liners/thick socks are the way to go with wellies so you can get any wellies plus the liners tend to be one size so last years and you just buy new wellies as their feet grow.

Wallace Mon 05-Nov-12 19:51:37

true seeker! The important bit was that they are a bit pricey. Green is boring but the purple has pink bits. And a friend's dd has them.

Wallace Mon 05-Nov-12 19:52:06

Will keep an eye on Lidl. ut

Indith Tue 06-Nov-12 08:14:37

sign up for lidl newsletters. They have more snow boots starting thurs I think. Not fully waterproof all the way up, foot is waterproof. You do have to get there on the day though to get the right sizes! But they are half the price of other snow boots so you can just use them for cold days and get a pair of normal wellies for the rest of the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now