Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Which brand for narrow fitting trainers for girls?

(12 Posts)
hillbilly Sat 20-Oct-12 13:20:29

I'm at a loss. DD 7, has very narrow feet and all the trainers she has tried are like boats on her feet! I gather that Clarks do width fittings but their nearest store that sell kids' shoes is quite far away.

LIZS Sat 20-Oct-12 17:17:51

Clarks trainers aren't particularly narrow. dd has worn adidas, kswiss, merrell, reebok. Also think new balance does widths. We normally got to tkmaxx and see what is available

ContinentalKat Germany Sat 20-Oct-12 17:38:23

My dd has very narrow feet and currently no trainers. IME Clarks do width fittings but are more accommodating to wider feet. They used to do trainers to fit dd, but changed their styles recently and now nothing fits.
At the moment dd has lace-up plimsolls at school and is wearing a pair of mock trainers (leather lace-ups that look a bit like converse, Clarks) with insoles for tennis and general running around.
She had Clarks doodles mary janes in the summer which had to double up as trainers.
This topic makes me angry, I hate shoe shopping for her!!!
Since the independent shoe shop in town closed I have in the past also travelled to the nearest Deichmann - continental narrow fit but not great quality.

We will be spending the half term in Europe and I will be going on a major shoe shop!

LIZS Sat 20-Oct-12 17:51:35

Deichmann(aka Dosenbach in Germany/Switzerland) is fine . Barenschuhe are quite good quality and dd has had boots from there. They also stock sports brands. Laces will fit better than velcro if less convenient unless the bungee style.

ContinentalKat Germany Sun 21-Oct-12 08:10:34

LIZS, Deichmann don't stock Bärenschuhe in the UK!

ContinentalKat Germany Sun 21-Oct-12 08:13:06

Sorry, I shouldn't post before breakfast!
I mean they don't stock Elefantenschuhe over here. They do have Bärenschuhe.

RoobyMurray Sun 21-Oct-12 08:13:24

No idea about width fittings, but converse are narrow. You probably know this already.

LIZS Sun 21-Oct-12 08:23:28

Elefanten rebranded itself about 5 years back when it was taken over. Barenschuhe are not the same but definitely online and instore, although they are more shoe/boots than trainers www.deichmann.com/GB/en/shop/

LeMousquetaireAnonyme Sun 21-Oct-12 08:27:16

DD1 has very narrow feet (C at start rite but high instep so probably need a D confused) and this is the 1st year we find something which fits properly Ecco

Haberdashery Sun 21-Oct-12 08:43:57

Richter are narrow. DD has some boot/trainer things from there that fit brilliantly.

hillbilly Sun 21-Oct-12 09:22:37

Thanks everyone - Ecco is closest so I might try them today.

hillbilly Mon 22-Oct-12 08:07:36

Just to update and for anyone else having the same problem - we got Ecco trainers which have a lovely slim fit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now