Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Has Green Baby gone under?

(21 Posts)
BlueMonday17 Fri 19-Oct-12 18:08:01

I've tried the Green Baby website a couple of times recently and keep getting a message about 'our site is undergoing maintenance'. www.greenbaby.com I've just done a google search and came across this page, insolventcompanies.com/green-baby-trading-limited/ which suggests the company's been wound up as of 4 October. It's a real shame if this is true. Does anyone know any more about this?

frewh Sat 20-Oct-12 15:36:20

It does seem strange, they had only just launched their Autumn range. I agree it is a real shame if it is true, I love their stuff.

Oh no, I was wondering this and then came across this thread when googling. Such a shame, they did lovely stuff which we've bought in the past sad

TheDeathAndGlories Mon 22-Oct-12 14:30:58

Thinking about it I haven't had any of their emails recently.
Spirit of nature did this recently
They had been bought and are back

Milkybrew Mon 22-Oct-12 14:32:41

My local tk maxx had lots of green baby clothing when I was last in there. I thought that odd as hadn't seen it on sale there before.

MarshaBrady Mon 22-Oct-12 14:32:54

I thought I saw Ocado stocking it?

Hang on green baby

Bessie123 Mon 22-Oct-12 14:34:22

Yes, it went under in September when investors pulled out but may return with new backing

Really hope they are able to come back!

BlueMonday17 Mon 22-Oct-12 23:21:01

Hope they come back then. Their boys' clothes were really nice and without the usually obligatory skulls/camouflage/skateboards etc you see on so many clothes for boys under 8.

plutocrap Mon 22-Oct-12 23:42:48

The shop in Greenwich was rebranded Maggie and Tom, which one of the ladies working there said allowed them to sell child clothes as well as baby clothes.

Green Baby was selling through John Lewis, as well, so maybe came unstuck with not controlling its retail outlets/distribution?

Bessie123 Tue 23-Oct-12 00:38:23

I heard the investors pulled out unexpectedly, I was talking to someone who used to work for them the other day.

Hedgehog2 Thu 25-Oct-12 22:49:11

Yes, the investors pulled out. Not sure if someone will buy them but there are alternatives. My favourite is www.littlegreenradicals.co.uk

They are organic and Fairtrade and slightly more fun than green baby.

hellohoney Sun 25-Nov-12 21:49:26

Looks like Little Green Radicals is kind of taking over some business. They mention this is their blog and they're offering 30% off at checkout if you use the code 'greenbaby'.

www.littlegreenradicals.co.uk/index.asp?m=16&t=Blog

There range is nice but seems a bit limited to babygros and cutesy tees. I much prefer Green Baby so hoping they expand to include all the stuff GB used to.

ConfessionsofaMumpreneur Thu 29-Nov-12 11:47:47

Im afraid Green baby has gone under sad such a shame! there are loads of places that you can get good Organic clothes from that are a bit different and dont just do baby stuff.

Little green radicals
Frugi
KyNa Boutique
Little Shrimp
Also some of the high street like Zara and H&M have started doing it x

naturalbaby Sat 08-Dec-12 21:29:42

Has anyone spotted Green baby clothes for sale recently? My little boy modeled for the autumn catalogue and I was hoping to get hold of a couple of items he wore in the photo shoot. What happened to all the stock in the shop in London?

Sheepasaurus Thu 27-Dec-12 20:31:02

They had some stuff in TK maxx recently Naturalbaby

naturalbaby Thu 27-Dec-12 21:13:11

Thank you!

BikeRunSki Thu 27-Dec-12 21:22:38

Frugi / Cut for Cloth are a good alternative to Green Baby.

NaturalBaby Thu 27-Dec-12 22:01:32

Yes, I love Frugi stuff too. I was just about to buy some of the clothes DS wore for the last Green Baby photo shoot but left it too late.

ChildsFarm Thu 17-Jan-13 10:28:33

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Hedgehog2 Sat 09-Mar-13 10:26:24

little green radicals are now doing skincare - i got myself a free tester - I think it is the same as Green Baby which is great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now