This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Which is the best bandana bib to buy!?

(15 Posts)
Nina20 Tue 31-Jul-12 16:54:53

Hello!

My ten month old is dribbling something rotten at the moment.

I dont't like normal shapes bibs much as they look a bit dated.

Any recommendations out there on the bandana style bibs!? I have seen so many, some at £10 and others at £2.50.

Are the more expensive ones found in the high street shops better than the cheaper ones found in online shops?

Are the branded ones like Skibz and Dribble On better than the ones made in this country, Bubba Bibs, Funky Giraffe, and Bibble? There are sooooo many!

I dont want to buy some and find they are rubbish.

Recommendations please!!

UKSky Tue 31-Jul-12 19:41:27

I used Bubba bibs and they are brilliant. A good price and made in the UK. Personally I couldn't see the point of spending £10 on something that would be forever in the wash.

In fact, my DD now refuses to wear any sort of bib so I coverall at mealtimes so I have recently bought the bigger size for when we are eating out.

my3lovelyboys Sun 21-Apr-13 18:26:25

I've just bought some Bubbalish Bibs. Bought them at a baby show but think you can get them on their website. Been really impressed with them and very reasonably priced too.

patchesmcp Sun 21-Apr-13 18:34:11

The bandana ones from M & S are good. £5 or £6 for 3 I think and do the job for us. Two buttons on back so they fit for longer.

ShanksYoni Sun 21-Apr-13 18:38:28

I've had some funky giraffe ones.

I love the designs, and they definitely prevented soaked clothes - but out of the 5 I bought 2 had to be replaced immediately because the press-stud came off when I took them off DS2. I got replacements straight away, but one of the replacements immediately did the same thing.

A friend of mine makes some fabulous ones for £4 each, she has an online etsy shop - mamafactured. They are double sided and she has some fab fabrics. I used them with my DD and know lots of people who love them. They are much nicer quality than the ones from M&S

Mannequinkate Sun 21-Apr-13 18:42:18

Success with funky giraffe here. Have more than 20 had no quality issues.

PurplePidjin Sun 21-Apr-13 19:05:06

Towel, £2 in supermarket. 4 fat quarters for £5 in fabricland. Sew on velcro £1.50 per metre. Measure round neck + 6", use this as the diagonal of a square. Cut square from both fabrics, cut in half along diagonal. Pin one cotton to one towelling, right sides out, and hem. Sew velcro on to corners. Repeat with other triangles. Wash 2-3 times before use for absorbency and fluffing smile

PurplePidjin Sun 21-Apr-13 19:06:26

*hem with tight zigzag stitch, or overlock if you have one.

Apparentlychilled Sun 21-Apr-13 19:07:11

Another funky giraffe fan here

AmandinePoulain Sun 21-Apr-13 19:09:46

Whatever you do, don't get Next ones. They are teeny and the Velcro lasts for about 1 wash. The M&S ones are better. I haven't used any other ones.

DrMcDreamysWife Sun 21-Apr-13 19:18:11

Love love love funky giraffe. Buy direct from their website and they give you a bulk discount. Very absorbent and good quality.

peanutMD Sun 21-Apr-13 19:18:41

Roro designs on Facebook.

Custom fabrics, 3 for £7 or 5 for £10.

BedHog Sun 21-Apr-13 19:23:24

Funky Giraffe again. Buy a bundle from ebay and they sometimes throw in a free one!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now