Note: This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Any ideas on where to buy a pretty long sleeved nightie for my almost 4 yo DD? (3.11)

(30 Posts)
welliesundermeballgoon Sat 03-Mar-12 13:06:00

She is desperate to wear a nightie but they all seem to be short sleeved and its still too cool!
She likes girly pretty things so floral etc would be ideal, any ideas?

lucylou99 Sun 04-Aug-13 16:26:16

There is 10% off at www.loobylous.co.uk with code loobylou10

Smyales Mon 26-Nov-12 21:19:32

I like White Company too as well as another website called Pickles and Lillies - really sweet nightwear and actually made in England. Nice and soft too.

perceptionreality Tue 15-May-12 11:06:22

The White Company are my favourite for children's sleepwear. I never got on with Boden nighties as mine always went a bit bobbly but that was at least 5 years ago - are they better now?

DoodleNoo Tue 15-May-12 11:04:38

Can't believe no one has mentioned Boden for nightwear - it's expensive but the long pure cotton nighties are so soft and wash beautifully. I don't buy a lot of stuff from Boden anymore as I think the qualiity has in general nosedived - but the cotton nighties are still really good. I've tried White Company and Cath Kidston but the cotton hardens up the more times you wash it and becomes nasty and scratchy to wear, which Boden doesn't at all. They do shrink lengthwise a little though, so maybe err on a size up. Unfortunately, they only do them with long sleeves in the autumn-winter season and not spring-summer so you might have to wait unless there's any old stock or you are willing to buy on eBay.

BobbiFleckman Wed 09-May-12 21:12:57

Powell Craft is lovely and 100% cotton as well as gorgeous designs. They're quite often on Achica (just missed it though I"m afraid)

Dotty38 Wed 09-May-12 21:10:55

I saw some gorgeous old fashion style vintagey looking ones in the Chatsworth House shop, I think the brand was Powell Craft. I bought my girls two pairs of their P.J's but they had some really pretty nighties with long sleeves too as I always put mine in long sleeves. I've just googled powell craft and have come up with thier trade website so maybe if you called them they could tell you who stocks their stuff locally to you if your interested.

AWimbaWay Sat 03-Mar-12 15:03:24

Are you a member of www.achica.com/? They often do promotions for lovely children's nightclothes where you get 50% off.

welliesundermeballgoon Sat 03-Mar-12 14:16:57

Now I have another problem- can't decide which ones to get her! Thanks so much everyone- spesh Queenofcakes links wink

4madboys Sat 03-Mar-12 14:10:52

they have a size guide, it was near the bit where you choose your size, more info or something!

and yes this thread will end up costing me! i have linked the dollyrose website to a friend on fb as well! we should get discount for advertising! grin

welliesundermeballgoon Sat 03-Mar-12 14:06:58

Haha love that this thread is now costing you money 4madboys grin

welliesundermeballgoon Sat 03-Mar-12 14:03:15

Haven't looked at all of the links yet but oh how cute are the dollyrose ones! Does anybody know what their sizes are like as they are 2-3 4-5 and DD pretty small for her age

4madboys Sat 03-Mar-12 13:58:27

i am loving the dollyrose website, the cord dresses they do are cute! i shall be getting some from dollyrose, they have an offer on at the moment buy two nighties and get 10% off did you see that wellies? they are £20 so cheaper than the white company and they are lovely!

welliesundermeballgoon Sat 03-Mar-12 13:58:21

Ooh sorry x post with lots of people as page hadn't updated, I'll have a look at links thank you

welliesundermeballgoon Sat 03-Mar-12 13:55:44

Gah! perfect one in JL (and only £12-14!) but out of stock in her size! Typical! I can't really see anything on ebay...looks like White Company then! Thanks smile

AWimbaWay Sat 03-Mar-12 13:49:06
AWimbaWay Sat 03-Mar-12 13:42:12
4madboys Sat 03-Mar-12 13:38:55

infact i LOVE the dollyrose ones!! pricey again but HOW cute! i have bookemarked them for when my dd is a bit older (only 14mths at moment) grin

4madboys Sat 03-Mar-12 13:37:12

i cant find any on vertbaudet site, all pjs.

queenofcake links are pretty.

Queenofcake Sat 03-Mar-12 13:34:26
4madboys Sat 03-Mar-12 13:33:51

yes cath kidston do stuff like this, but pricey again.

next dont have any, just checked and petit bateau who are normally good dont have any long sleeved either sad

Deux Sat 03-Mar-12 13:31:35

I got one for my DD from a large branch of Boots, of all places. It's very Cath Kidston but was 3.50 in their sale! I wish I had bought more as she loves wearing it.

PastGrace Sat 03-Mar-12 13:30:24

Sorry, x-post with the John Lewis one.

PastGrace Sat 03-Mar-12 13:29:51

John Lewis
Cath Kidston

I'm a huge fan of the white company ones: it might be worth calling their Bicester Village outlet and seeing if they have any? They normally have some nightwear in, and I think you can pay over the phone and they post it out to you.

FessaEst Sat 03-Mar-12 13:28:15

Can't search as am on my phone, but I think vertbaudet has some.

4madboys Sat 03-Mar-12 13:25:24

www.johnlewis.com/279811/Product.aspx

john lewis have this, its spotty not floral tho and not in stock in many sizes.

debenhams?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now