This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

Childrens Clothes - help :(

(11 Posts)
superfluouscurves Wed 17-Apr-13 01:45:44

tall enough? meant long enough ...

superfluouscurves Wed 17-Apr-13 01:45:23

My daughter is a 9 yr old bean-pole. Hate to say it but I've found Boden trousers excellent ... ie slim jeans with adjustable waists (elastic/button arrangement thing on inside of waistband) ... only just tall enough though

Brandnewbrighttomorrow Sat 16-Mar-13 23:05:13

My kids are the same - tall and slim, I like gap, pop and esprit for jeans for my girls and boy - expensive but worth seeking out in the sales. Zara good for leggings and t-shirts. John Lewis have the odd thing I like - I have to go up a couple of sizes as i find they come up small. I've found the odd item in French connection in the sales.

Best tip I can offer is scour the sales for the next couple of sizes up, build up a 'bottom drawer' to dip into as they grow and stick to plain well fitting bottom halves - then you can try out patterns and lots of different colours on top. I'm not a fan of lots of embellishment, it makes it hard to create mix-and-match outfits if a pair of trousers only goes with one top.

Choccyjules Wed 20-Feb-13 16:55:31

My 4 yr old is in the next size up (sometimes two sizes) as she's also a rake. I have had success each year with M&S knitted dresses which they always do, just change the styling a bit every time.

Am currently having my own probs with trousers. Anything long enough falls down. Sometimes I find adjustable waists don't help as they are uncomfy for her. Think am heading to the TU sale tomorrow at Sainsburys, so hope they save some for me!

MyGlassIsJustHalfWet Tue 12-Feb-13 22:57:59

Have you tried primark? Their stuff is really cheap but I think quite slim fitting so you might be able to go up a size to get length without being too baggy.

Annie4names Tue 12-Feb-13 22:53:10

Hi smile I also have a very tall very slim daughter aged 9 who I find it incredibly difficult to buy clothes for. I've not had much luck with slim fit clothes from the usual stores, as they are just longer usually and aren't a slim fit all over. I would be interested to know of anywhere where dresses etc are cut slimmer across the shoulders so they don't gape at the neck.
Any ideas?

mumbabes Thu 20-Dec-12 02:03:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Babybuell Sat 13-Oct-12 11:27:56

Have you tried the selling pages on Facebook, I've found a fab one for "pre-loved" boys & girls clothes, its two ladies and their mum the page is:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/231374596889668/#!/wizzington.moos.7

they are very helpful and friendly and they have lots to choose from x

chri78 Sun 25-Mar-12 20:59:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

humpdebump Thu 23-Feb-12 18:31:02

Polarn o Pyret do v good quality clothes and nice bright colours. Good attention to detail for kids playing I think. Bit pricey but do good sales - get on their email list.
La Redoute sometimes do good clothes - my son is tall and slim and their jeans go in all different sizes - tall, slimcut / tall, baggy/ mes but think etc
I like scandanavian designs for something different. not sure of makes/names but you can google it.

Sparkle142 Thu 23-Feb-12 14:19:04

Hello smile

This is my 1st post, so please be gentle with me!

I'm step mum to a boy and a girl who are 6 and 7 who finds clothing them REALLY difficult.

I struggle in particular with finding good quality, decent clothing for my partners 7 YO girl - everything seems to be shorts and tights or 'mini adult' cloths. She's quite tall for her age, but very slim so clothes don't really seem to fit properly.

We don't have them as much as we'd like, so its quite important that whilst the clothes are good quality and stand up to the typical wear of two fairly active kids that they're not hugely expensive - as three wears and they're outgrown.

Can anyone offer any advice on where I can look for clothes for them? (I've tried ebay for new items and places like H&M, Next etc)

Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now