This topic is for discussing clothes and shoes. If you want to buy or sell them, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards for Adults or Children.

school trousers that aren't coated in teflon???

(15 Posts)

ok, have given up on cotton trousers now that ds goes to a school where he has to wear navy. was hard enough getting them in grey. navy is impossible.

so have resigned myself to the fact that they'll be bloody polyester... but does anywhere sell any that aren't covered in bloody teflon and goodness knows what else??? please??

COCKadoodledooo Mon 20-Feb-12 22:06:13

Do they have to be 'proper' school trousers? Only we got ds1 some smart-looking nav chinos in M&S last week, and they're 100% cotton.

marvinthemartian Mon 20-Feb-12 22:10:34

I got some navy chinos (no crease, look like school trousers) in M&S at the end of last year - in Limited/Autograph/whatever that poncey range is for children, but still only about £9 each... have worn well, and wash/tumble brilliantly.

they might still be about?

marvinthemartian Mon 20-Feb-12 22:11:32

ha! only read OP, and see Cockadoodledoo said the same as me...

M&S have done decent navy chinos for years - sometimes in a two pack with beige, sometimes on their own.

bloody good value either way.

yes unfortunately they have to be proper "school" trousers. in fact, the uniform list specifies 2no chinos" sad

rubyrubyruby Tue 21-Feb-12 08:52:16

What's wrong with Teflon?

I just don't like it rubbing all over my child's skin all day and don't think it's necessary.

marvinthemartian Tue 21-Feb-12 10:14:57

these are the ones I have, I think.

I don't think they look too different from any other trousers, tbh. I share your pain re: no cotton trousers available. thankfully the school don't mind what style (as long as not outrageous or taking the piss) and are happy with those. I hate the fact that otherwise I would have to buy polyester/teflon coated/whatever - something I would never buy for myself, and see no reason why I am forced to do so for my children.

GwenSallabank Thu 23-Feb-12 14:17:38

Have you tried asking the other parents where they get theirs?

i think all the others just have teflon ones tbh!

i spent the day going round all the supermarkets yesterday lol, thinking maybe the cheapest ones wouldn't be coated in anything but ended up having to buy teflon ones as couldn't find anything different.

if anyone does see any please do update though! as will be looking again in august/sept for DS2!

marvinthemartian Thu 23-Feb-12 17:01:57

they have some here but only in older size - might get some more stock in soon, though.

thanks marvin, will e-mail them and find out if they're getting more stock in

haha i love that zombie! I DO want to reanimate it yes....

still looking for the elusive teflon-free trousers if anyone has seen any?

There was another similar thread and people suggested M&S skin kind cotton school trousers.

thanks accessorize. we used to get those, but they don't do them in navy sad I emailed m&s and asked whether they thought they might at some point but they said no

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now