When writing you Christmas cards, please do not

(100 Posts)
LynetteScavo Mon 08-Dec-08 14:07:19

sign your pets name underneath yours.

It makes you look slightly odd

NowICanSpellGeansaiNollaig Tue 09-Dec-08 15:55:08

I'd love to send out a round robin letter boasting of my many illustrious achievements, but actually the only thing that is even a tiny bit different from this time last year is that my children are about 4 cm taller.

I could spin that out to an A4 sheet if I tried hard enough though grin

NotanOtter Tue 09-Dec-08 20:09:39

snowofhands wierd!

eachpeach - the stamp is ordered blush

EachPeachPearMum Tue 09-Dec-08 20:15:26

shock really?????
grin yay! (but will you need a new one next christmas, eh, eh???? wink
SoH- yes- that is quite disturbing- I'm assuming the dog wasn't named Mr fluffles or somesuch, poor child!

WifeandMotherof4 Tue 09-Dec-08 20:17:12

Oh I hate that, especially with the paw print, also loathe the 'bump' as I feel it just tempts fate.

NotanOtter Tue 09-Dec-08 20:22:04

wife and mother that's depressing

sadly i just think it sounds a wee bit smug!

Actually this doesn't irritate me so much as smug round robins about 'Tarquin's academic success' (Tarquin if four) hmm

However we sent ours out from DH, me, DD and DS and have already got four back saying 'who the feck is DS' (he's nearly five months FGS. hmm

Oh and MiL has sent a card to each child but none to us hmm Cowbag!

NotanOtter Tue 09-Dec-08 20:29:54

sounds familiar wmmc

EachPeachPearMum Tue 09-Dec-08 20:44:52

<snort> 'Who the feck is DS?'
Oh dearie me! What have you replied?

I signed my Christmas cards from TTT, hubby and baby due March, when I was pregnant with ds. It was the easy way to tell distant family the news.

I used to write my uncle's card from our cats, Domino and Tiger, and add his cats' names to the card as well. blush

NotanOtter Tue 09-Dec-08 20:57:30

lol Each peach - easily done!

BellaKissedSanta Tue 09-Dec-08 21:00:05

Friends of my parents used to have cards printed from their dog. Just the dog.

shock

WifeandMotherof4 Tue 09-Dec-08 21:05:41

NaO....smug??

NotanOtter Tue 09-Dec-08 21:10:53

?

EachPeachPearMum - I haven't, I've just removed them from the address book. If they can't be arsed to find out I'm pregnant for nine months nor that I have a son who is five months next week they clearly aren't close friends hmm

Saves me on stamps next year anyway grin

Jux Wed 10-Dec-08 11:11:10

DH and I are considering sending out a round robin this year, detailing all the deaths (3), serious illness (5), bad debts (1 huge one) and so on. We thought we could make it ironic.

And then maybe my relatives will stop sending us rr's that are so bloody clever-clever that I don't know who they're referring to, let alone what they're talking about.grin "Tarquin celebrated his 19th in true epicurean style..." is understandable enough but "... he continues with his four-legged friends and has discovered that picking up the 'poo' in France is great fun." What? Has he become a sewage worker on the continent? Is he now a French dog groomer? WTF? Half the time I don't read them.

EightiesChick Wed 10-Dec-08 11:30:36

Does anyone really get round robins anymore? I thought they had been so thoroughly stigmatised that no-one did them. I used to do one for long-distance friends but stopped a few years ago. I guess Facebook has made them redundant now anyway though I'm not on it, which is why I still quite like the round-robin idea blush

I sign cards from our cat if I'm writing one to a cat person, and by the same token would address a card to them and their cats (I know a few people like this) but wouldn't do it on every single card.

This year, having first DC, I was tempted to put 'and bump', but thinking about it, this is the last year I'll be able to write the 'love from EC and EC's DH' that I can now do in my sleep, so I'm sticking with that and will add in new DC next year!

EightiesChick Wed 10-Dec-08 11:31:52

I do however hate it when people moan about not being able to get religious/non-religious Christmas stamps. People are still doing it this year even though you can now get either, instead of it alternating years like it used to.

Pruners Wed 10-Dec-08 11:42:38

Message withdrawn

Horton Thu 11-Dec-08 17:16:30

We have a 'friend' who not only signs the card from his dog but also includes a family portrait (bloke, wife and dog all together as a happy family). NGGGHHHFFFKKK.

Still, DD likes the picture of the dog.

So it's not OK to sign cards from me, the dog and the cacti as well, then? grin

Yes, I did. But I was a teenager and it was just to my parents...

EvilGnome Fri 12-Dec-08 23:14:37

pah...you're all miserable sods! I signed all my cards "from baby Bean (or bump) and the cats"...and they all had handpainted designs by my daughter. I can do what i bloody like with the cards i am sending to other people...be grateful you even get them!!!
It's sad to be honest...that you're all making excuses like "I was a teenager"...pah, grow up and be yourselves! Stop conforming to what you think you should be and just be jolly! smile

EvilGnome Fri 12-Dec-08 23:17:17

or maybe i am mad? who cares...i'm happy!

MotherChristmas2OliverJames Sat 13-Dec-08 03:16:40

last year we signed our cards from M2OJ, D2OJ and bump!

This year i will let DS scribble in the cards before i write them.

I dont have a pet but my M+D and N+G both have pets and they put them in their cards!

OLIVIASMAMA Sat 13-Dec-08 04:34:29

Baaaaa Humbug you lot, my cards are signed from Me, DH, DD and (LOL wingsofachristmastreefairy) Dolly the dog too.grin

.....and I send them to people I've not seen for years and I'm thinking of sending some more as I completely forgot the idea of DD's photo on the front wearing the Father Christmas hat, oh and the round robin!! grin grin grin.

Goodwill To All wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now