Christmas breakfast traditions?

(94 Posts)
chelseamorning Fri 21-Dec-07 15:40:11

Do you have a tradition for what you eat on Christmas morning?

My parents are staying with us for the festivities and I wanted to prepare something nice for them, i.e. muffins etc.

wangle99 Fri 21-Dec-07 15:41:08

I really fancied a continental breakfast with lots of pastries, mentioned it to DH who grunted and said I 'always want to change things' grrr

Muffins sounds nice!

karen999 Fri 21-Dec-07 15:42:30

Always have a full Scottish breakfast....have to have it early on as would not have room for dinner! Usually take it in turns to do this...this year it is my sister.....

Theghostofchristmaspyjamas Fri 21-Dec-07 15:43:01

scrambled eggs and bucks fizz

ComeOVenReadyturkey Fri 21-Dec-07 15:44:13

I am making baked eggs with smoked salmon and a creamy dill sacuce, with wholemeal toast (will bake in bread maker overnight) and buck's fizz.

ComeOVenReadyturkey Fri 21-Dec-07 15:44:45

sauce.

hanaflower Fri 21-Dec-07 15:46:33

Poached eggs and ham, and croissants.
Or smoked salmon and scrambled egg and bagels.

I love posh breakfasts.

chelseamorning Fri 21-Dec-07 15:47:17

Oohh, pastries sound like a good idea. A full breakfast is probably a bit much as I know my lot will just stuff themselves silly and then won't eat lunch!

I've found some nice recipes for

blueberry
raspberry
morning muesli (with maple syrup)

muffins. Easy to do, if only I can find a free half an hour in my Christmas schedule - ha!

wheelybahhumbug Fri 21-Dec-07 15:47:34

Smoked salmon, scrambled egg with bagels.

ComeOVenReadyturkey Fri 21-Dec-07 15:47:51

Tis very easy by the way. Line a ramekinn with smoked salmon. Crack in an egg, top with single cream and sprinkle chopped dill. Put on a baking tray in oven (need to check what temp) and cook until egg is set.

vitomum Fri 21-Dec-07 15:48:57

the last few years i have had bagels with smoked salmon and herby cream cheese

ComeOVenReadyturkey Fri 21-Dec-07 15:49:47

12 mins at 180c. Also meant to add do it in a deep baking tray and addd boiling water around ramekins about 1cm depth.

SleepInHeavenlyPlease Fri 21-Dec-07 15:51:36

Ooh, I might try that, ComeORT! Sounds delish

chelseamorning Fri 21-Dec-07 15:53:18

Sounds great and easy too!

Did I forget to mention that my mother and I are veggie, my DH eats fish and my father eats all!!

sockmonkey Fri 21-Dec-07 16:23:24

blush we always have cocoa pops as a christmas treat...the proper ones, not cheapy Lidl ones we normally get.

Cappuccino Fri 21-Dec-07 16:29:01

smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and bacon and champagne and coffee

We are going to PIL's for xmas brekkie for the first time this year and are planning on making it a tradition, I assume she'll do a continental breakfast.
No champers for me though I'm afraid.

bahumbugpuss Fri 21-Dec-07 16:42:12

Same as wheely and capp here. dh won't think of changing it.

DanJARMouse Fri 21-Dec-07 16:42:55

Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for those who like it

Croissants and bacon for those who dont!

nowbringussomeJammypudding Fri 21-Dec-07 16:45:38

When I lived at my parents it was always tongue or ham sandwiches for xmas day brekky. Stemmed from when we were kids and wanted to get to the presents quickly. Bowls of cereal would end up spilt if we took them with us to open presents, but sandwiches wouldn't make such a mess so could be eaten on the go, thus saving a few minutes time and keeping us happy while still ensuring we had some breakfast before opening the selection boxes.

Cappuccino Fri 21-Dec-07 16:47:27

bacon? good grief I meant bagels

dunno why I typed bacon

santaspregnantlittlehelper Fri 21-Dec-07 16:48:00

ham cheese and tomato croissants for those that like them, bacon or sausages grilled tomatoes and granary toast for those that don't.

champagne for everyone else but not me this year

serenity Fri 21-Dec-07 17:03:40

Pancakes usually - we always go to MILs or my Mum for Christmas Dinner so I'm quite happy to mess about in the kitchen on Christmas morning. We're a bit mean though as DCs don't open presents until after we've eaten smile

JackieNoel Fri 21-Dec-07 17:06:25

Well we always used to have Stollen (home made) when I was living with my mum. And I do now make one myself, but sadly the rest of the family don't seem as keen as I am (all the more for mrgrin), so we also have bagels, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, and buck's fizz and coffee.

MamaG Fri 21-Dec-07 17:10:30

DH and Iwill be having smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels
DC will be having bacon butties

I do have a nice recipe for christmas muffins, am considering making mix up on C.eve then bunging in the oven for mid morning...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now