AS THE ADVICE ON MN IS TO DO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING .......ONLINE....... .PLEASE SHARE YOUR BEST/WORST ONLINE SHOPS HERE....

(211 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Wed 11-Oct-06 19:43:29

AS THE ADVICE ON MN IS TO DO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING .......ONLINE........PLEASE SHARE YOUR BEST/WORST ONLINE SHOPS HERE....

AND ANY DISCOUNT CODES YOU KNOW ABOUT {with expiry dates}

THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE A TOTALLY STRESS FREE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE

PLEASE SAY IF YOU USED THEM LAST YEAR AND IF THEY WERE GOOD OR BAD

RE DELIVERY TIMES ETC.

PLEASE ALSO TELL US THE BAD ONES

bellaBuonNatalevita Sun 30-Nov-08 17:45:02

John Lewis - we ordered Wii Fit on Thursday and it arrived (free delivery) Friday morning.

Play.com are pretty good with free delivery.

captainmack Sun 30-Nov-08 17:07:11

Would avoid www.rimbalzo.co.uk bad experience. Customer service non-existant.

Sedge Wed 28-Nov-07 07:47:44

try www.jump-kids.co.uk for kids clothes - funky and a little bit different and they have free delivery until Xmas (and 25% off Crocs)

bubsagrub Tue 19-Dec-06 19:44:44

BEST online shopping experience is with nordickids.co.uk - beautiful, colourful clothes, that normally arrive the NEXT DAY wrapped in paper with a lolly pop attached.

WORST online shopping experience - Mothercare...DHL delivery men sent from Hades itself!

JollyOldSaintNikkielas Tue 19-Dec-06 19:35:17

Debenhams-ordered a body thing for under the posh dress for tomorrow night and it hasn't arrived (delivery by 16/12) rest of order came but not that

On the other hand, Selections Hardware of Leighton Buzzard are fab!

Just been massively let down by Mail Order Express. Ordered DS's Christmas present - castle - from them on 2 Dec - supposed to be delivered in 2-3 days. Have sent countless emails asking when it would be delivered. Eventually they replied tonight saying it was out of stock. Have replied saying I hope they all have a bloody miserable christmas. And I do. Have bought all the Knights and horses to go with it, so need to go shopping to try to find another one (which will probably cost an extra £20). Top that with the fact that DD's main present is an all-singing all-dancing hamster cage for her beloved hamster... who died last night. I give up!

santasaltire Mon 18-Dec-06 17:43:27

Well Oxfam unwrapped have let me down. I placed an order with them on the 6th december. It clearly states on the website goods will be posted in 3-4 working days. Still nothing. According to them they have been sent!.
I needed a couple to post inside Cards, but will now need to get something else tomorrow, which may not arrive on time! I also needed the other two for my cousin who was up at the weekend, so he had to go away empty handed.

www.play.com has always been a good website to use in my experience.

Another one that I recently found are Berkshire based www.pricerighthome.com (this company sell childrens bedding etc). Very good family run firm with fair pricing and fast delivery.

exbury Sun 17-Dec-06 23:09:02

Gluttonous gardener - here - beautifully packaged plant plus relevant pressie - and great customer service. I messed up and specified a date which wouldn't have given me time to deliver them to their eventual recipients - so I emailed them and they got them to me 24 hours later!

FairytaleOfNewNORKSBRIDE Thu 14-Dec-06 17:26:04

Today's favourite - JD Sports. I ordered football kit on Tuesday night and it was delivered this afternoon. And I didn't pay for express delivery. Fab!

PenkLass Thu 14-Dec-06 17:03:03

Letterbox.co.uk - massive selection and taking orders right until 19th Dec with guaranteed delivery, v quick delivery in the past!

santasaltire Wed 13-Dec-06 21:27:05

I have used Lego shop@home a few times over the past weeks and they are great.

foxtrottothefestivegrotto Wed 13-Dec-06 11:39:39

Big Red Warehouse (formerly Newcron) do lots of character toys and accessories.
Free next day delivery on all orders over £20 placed on our Web site up until midnight Sunday 17th December. (Next working day delivery)
- Special offer code required - Z6DLDC -

big red warehouse

chopchopbusybusy Wed 13-Dec-06 11:01:40

This Christmas I have used

Carphone Warehouse - excellent free next day delivery
Game.co.uk - excellent arrived next day
John Lewis - Sent direct to Sil - great free delivery - just hope it arrives on time
Argos Direct - picked delivery date and it arrived as promised
Amazon - felt like it was slow but it was free delivery and did arrive within the time promised.

amazon*tip
I haven't read the whole thread - so apologies if already posted but if you are ordering from Amazon and are slightly under the limit for free delivery try this site www.filleritem.com/uk.html where you can check for small item to take you up to free delivery - therefore cheaper in total.

singsalot Wed 13-Dec-06 10:42:59

orange tree toys

orders over £30 free delivery and I ordered at midnight on sunday and it arrived this morning, lovely

oh and the postie asked if my mum or dad were in to sign for it, made me smile, it was VERY dark and I am the height of a 12 yr old....

paddingtonbear1 Wed 13-Dec-06 10:02:06

I ordered dh's PlayStation last Thursday night from Game.co.uk. The package was better than in the shops and cheaper, and delivery was free. It arrived on Saturday morning!
I've not tried letterbox.co.uk but my friends recommend it. ELC online has been fine too.

LIZS Wed 13-Dec-06 09:43:31

Amazon - ordered Nintendo ds game on evening of 9th arrived this morning , cd player (ordered at same time) coming separately but has been despatched.

fortyplus Tue 12-Dec-06 01:37:45

Which? website advises not to use www.getflashing.com

I've ordered several things directly from Amazon and they've been great.

Had very good service from :-

Amazon - who emailed me immediately as my credit card would not work twice - went through the third time and items arrived within 72 hours of original order (over weekend).

Play.com have been excellent.

mailorderexpress - everything delivered in plenty of time. Very pleased as have never ordered from them before.

Orchard toys - very good.

Not so good :-

Boots - wouldn't accept my advantage card number , so decided it wasn't worth doing anything online so will have to brave the shops!!!

Woolworths - ordered several things - everything in stock on their website - within 72 hours had three emails telling me certain things were out of stock. Very irritating. But the rest of the order came out on time.

worcestercaroline Fri 08-Dec-06 18:41:10

Hawkins are brilliant ordered online wed evening it arrived today at 1pm.never had any probs with them

catinthehat Fri 08-Dec-06 15:04:52

John Lewis excellent
M&S excellent

melpomene Fri 08-Dec-06 14:59:42

I also had a good experience with Jammy Joes.

Cath Kidston haven't been so great. I ordered 2 items on 21 Nov. One item hasn't arrived yet so I phoned this morning. They told me the item is out of stock (Why didn't they let me know earlier?). The man I spoke to was clueless and when I asked to change my order for another item that was in stock he said he didn't have the authority to do that. They were supposed to phone me back, but haven't.

Pinkchampagne Fri 08-Dec-06 14:55:24

The Entertainer were great. My order was delivered the very next day! They have some great bargains too!

I have to sing and warble and dance about this lot, Jammy Joes Toyshop. I got my parcel from them this morning, I only ordered it on Weds afternoon.

www.jammyjoes.co.uk

Excellent stuff have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now