AS THE ADVICE ON MN IS TO DO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING .......ONLINE........PLEASE SHARE YOUR BEST/WORST ONLINE SHOPS HERE....

(211 Posts)
RTKangaMummy Wed 11-Oct-06 19:43:29

AS THE ADVICE ON MN IS TO DO CHRISTMAS SHOPPING .......ONLINE........PLEASE SHARE YOUR BEST/WORST ONLINE SHOPS HERE....

AND ANY DISCOUNT CODES YOU KNOW ABOUT {with expiry dates}

THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE A TOTALLY STRESS FREE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE

PLEASE SAY IF YOU USED THEM LAST YEAR AND IF THEY WERE GOOD OR BAD

RE DELIVERY TIMES ETC.

PLEASE ALSO TELL US THE BAD ONES

FairytaleOfNewNORKSBRIDE Thu 14-Dec-06 17:26:04

Today's favourite - JD Sports. I ordered football kit on Tuesday night and it was delivered this afternoon. And I didn't pay for express delivery. Fab!

exbury Sun 17-Dec-06 23:09:02

Gluttonous gardener - here - beautifully packaged plant plus relevant pressie - and great customer service. I messed up and specified a date which wouldn't have given me time to deliver them to their eventual recipients - so I emailed them and they got them to me 24 hours later!

www.play.com has always been a good website to use in my experience.

Another one that I recently found are Berkshire based www.pricerighthome.com (this company sell childrens bedding etc). Very good family run firm with fair pricing and fast delivery.

santasaltire Mon 18-Dec-06 17:43:27

Well Oxfam unwrapped have let me down. I placed an order with them on the 6th december. It clearly states on the website goods will be posted in 3-4 working days. Still nothing. According to them they have been sent!.
I needed a couple to post inside Cards, but will now need to get something else tomorrow, which may not arrive on time! I also needed the other two for my cousin who was up at the weekend, so he had to go away empty handed.

Just been massively let down by Mail Order Express. Ordered DS's Christmas present - castle - from them on 2 Dec - supposed to be delivered in 2-3 days. Have sent countless emails asking when it would be delivered. Eventually they replied tonight saying it was out of stock. Have replied saying I hope they all have a bloody miserable christmas. And I do. Have bought all the Knights and horses to go with it, so need to go shopping to try to find another one (which will probably cost an extra £20). Top that with the fact that DD's main present is an all-singing all-dancing hamster cage for her beloved hamster... who died last night. I give up!

On the other hand, Selections Hardware of Leighton Buzzard are fab!

JollyOldSaintNikkielas Tue 19-Dec-06 19:35:17

Debenhams-ordered a body thing for under the posh dress for tomorrow night and it hasn't arrived (delivery by 16/12) rest of order came but not that

bubsagrub Tue 19-Dec-06 19:44:44

BEST online shopping experience is with nordickids.co.uk - beautiful, colourful clothes, that normally arrive the NEXT DAY wrapped in paper with a lolly pop attached.

WORST online shopping experience - Mothercare...DHL delivery men sent from Hades itself!

Sedge Wed 28-Nov-07 07:47:44

try www.jump-kids.co.uk for kids clothes - funky and a little bit different and they have free delivery until Xmas (and 25% off Crocs)

captainmack Sun 30-Nov-08 17:07:11

Would avoid www.rimbalzo.co.uk bad experience. Customer service non-existant.

bellaBuonNatalevita Sun 30-Nov-08 17:45:02

John Lewis - we ordered Wii Fit on Thursday and it arrived (free delivery) Friday morning.

Play.com are pretty good with free delivery.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now