Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

under armpit spots

(8 Posts)
gremlindolphin Mon 19-Apr-10 21:55:11

My dd (8) has lots of small spots come up under one armpit and down that side of her body - any ideas? I am taking her to the Dr tomorrow. She is well in herself.

justallovertheplace Mon 19-Apr-10 21:56:50

Mulloscum, I'd bet my house on it, if they are small and flesh coloured, like skin tags almost.
My ds had them last year. Be prepared to be told there's nothing they can do.

gremlindolphin Mon 19-Apr-10 22:00:31

She had molloscum when she was tiny, they are more red and spot like that that I think but thanks for the response!

justallovertheplace Mon 19-Apr-10 22:03:31

Ah, they're odd little things aren't they I'd never heard of them til ds got them, it's like one of the great unspoken things of childhood, never met a RL person who has experienced them, but MN is full of them. Has the weather been especially sunny and have you been outside? My ds has reacted badly to pollen in the last few days, which is something I forget happens every year, due to the long stretch of shite weather between summers. He has lots of little red spots on skin that has been even a little exposed

alypaly Tue 20-Apr-10 04:56:28

have they got a yellow head or are they just red.

gremlindolphin Wed 21-Apr-10 12:27:50

Thanks for your responses. We have been to the Dr and been told that she has scabies! I thought this was something from medieval times but apparently it is quite common! They said here spot distribution is not typical but to treat it and see what happens as they didn't know what else it might be.

I have googled it and from the images that came up am not convinced that it is either but have treated her (and siblings) with the supplied cream so will see if it works.

alypaly Thu 22-Apr-10 00:35:12

scabies normally shows on the forearms ,trunk and the skin between the fingers. It is also very itchy.

could it be a simple staph infection

alypaly Thu 22-Apr-10 00:36:10

is it a sweat rash do you think or has she tried a new deodorant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now