Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

can you get hand foot and mouth more than once???

(6 Posts)

ds had it when he was about 2 and iv nticed a little cluster of blisters on his finger thisafternoon that look a lot like when he had HF&M im gonna upload a couple of pics to see what you lot think!!
and ill take him to the gp tomorrow

put pics on my profile but they are not very good

anyone?

drowninginclutter Mon 08-Jun-09 22:19:04

I'm afraid I can't see the blisters (my monitor is a bit crap though). Love the birthday cake smile.

I thought you could only get HF&M once but only because DP caught it from DS and the nurse told him it was unusual in adults because most people have it as children.

morocco Mon 08-Jun-09 22:21:12

think so - seem to remember there's a few different viruses that cause it. what does google say? mine have had it a few times - either that or have had lots of funny spots on hands feet and mouths.

thank you i haven't googled!! I'm gonna see what the blisters look like in the morning and take him to the docs i too him to the chemist and the pharmist hadn't even heard of it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now