Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

how do you get rid of verrucas?

(30 Posts)
Mercedes Tue 21-Apr-09 11:33:00

my dd has a large verucca on her toe. She had one previusly in the same place and we went to gp's and thought we had got rid of it after the nurse froze it off. But its come back
My dd is pleading with us not to go back to gps.

On a friend's recommendation we've been rubbing it with a file each night and then dabbing some sort of acid (from the chemists) on it. It's reduced it in size but we've been doing this for nearly 2 months.

Someonelse told us to put duct tape on and thta would work. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

AmberLeaf Fri 01-Feb-13 23:45:47

I thought verrucas were just warts that are on the sole of your foot anyway?

They all come from HPV dont they?

Ds2 had a big verruca on his little toe. Tried bazooka for months, nothing happened. Gp said they will go on their own and he was right. One night it was there , next night noticed after bath that it had gone. Just left a sort of dent in his toe which has smoothed over now.

anonymosity Fri 01-Feb-13 23:54:27

Wow,well you're lucky Amberleaf. I spent 10 yrs butchering my foot in an effort to get rid of the fxxkers. Finally they went.

WifeofPie Fri 01-Feb-13 23:59:20

Miliways I was hoping that your link was going to be a picture of a verruca shaped-hole grin.

DH had one on his foot a few years ago. He did the duct-tape thing and it was gone in a few weeks but the surrounding skin got very irritated (the adhesive, I think) so I'm reluctant to use it on DDs foot now. We've been going to get hers blasted with liquid nitrogen at the GPs and it's looking much better.

What do you use to file them? An emery board or one of those cheese-grater things for feet?

Ds2 had a mahoosive Verruca, 1 cm diameter. We used Bazooka and followed the instructions to the letter. Took 3 weeks for it to fall off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now