Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Teething... At nine weeks!!!

(4 Posts)
MoreBushThanMoss Mon 28-Nov-16 17:36:21

My sweet natured, laid back, never-one-to-cry DS is 9 weeks old .... And the poor bugger is I think teething!

He's hand chewing, rubbing his cheek, slavering and has had a v mild temp increase (36.8- he's usually 36.4) - he's pretty much himself except for being a bit unsettled and obviously bothered by the tooth.

Oddly he vomited up an entire feed this morning- which he never does - and is a bit snotty. Don't know if these are also teething things or coincidental new baby / winter bugs things.

Does anyone have any teething top tips in such a young baby? I've bought him a Sophie, offer him my finger to chew wrapped in a Muslin and am EBF on demand

Any other ideas would be gratefully received as I hate seeing him unsettled - he doesn't cry really - but he's obviously peeved

MoreBushThanMoss Mon 28-Nov-16 17:36:57

Oh also - can't freeze stuff as live on a boat and we don't have one

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Mon 28-Nov-16 17:46:14

Well you could stick stuff outside tonight wink! Sorry couldn't resist.

My youngest DC was an early teether, he had all except his 2yo molars by 10 months. A cold damp muslin helped a little & occasionally calpol if he got really bad. Teething granuals helped DC3.

The sickness & snotty nose are just as likely to be a bug as teething.

Hope you both get some relief soon!

Blossom4538 Mon 28-Nov-16 19:11:10

Sounds like it. Our dd started at 4 months.

Teething granules helped and calpol when necessary.

May ease a little once they cut through the gum! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now