Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I send dd to school or not?

(5 Posts)
movingforward2016 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:49:26

So my dd is 10, she had a chest infection and has been off school all of last week! She is still on antibiotics and still coughing a lot!

She is eating now but not a lot!

I won't get paid if I don't go to work so missed out on a weeks wages last week! I just don't know if I should send her to school and see how she goes or keep her off?

I just feel bad coz she's still coughing a lot but does seem to have more energy today! Then again I don't want to send her to school and she then becomes more ill!

What would you do?

ofudginghell Sun 27-Nov-16 20:32:30

How long has she been taking the meds?
Does she still seem or say she's feeling tired and crappy?
Antibiotics can make you feel as bad as the problem they are treating sometimes.
Only you know your child I would say.

Makinglists Sun 27-Nov-16 20:38:59

If she is eating,drinking and sleeping reasonably I would be tempted to send her but with a call to school asking that she be excused from PE or similar. I would tell her that you would like her to see how it goes but if she feels really bad you would always come and get her. Ultimately only you can tell how well she is in the morning and it's always a difficult call when they are not right but not acutely I'll (my ds2 is frequently on antibiotics for ear infections so frequently below par)

80schild Sun 27-Nov-16 20:43:30

See how she is the morning would be my advice. My basic rule is they go I'm so long as they don't have a fever.

movingforward2016 Sun 27-Nov-16 21:04:00

She started the antibiotics on Wednesday on the wrong does due to the doctor angryso has only been on the correct dose since yesterday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now