Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rash what is it?

(7 Posts)
Sammylew17 Thu 24-Nov-16 19:19:26

Can any one tell me what this rash is on my daughter ? She had it for a few hours and doesn't seem to be going

catsnickedallmypens Thu 24-Nov-16 20:34:46

Can't see very clearly if it's blotchy or spotty. If it's spotty could it be measles or german measles?

JellyMouldJnr Thu 24-Nov-16 20:36:01

Just looks like heat rash to me.

Sammylew17 Thu 24-Nov-16 20:42:50

I have done the glass test and the rash goes so it hopefully not meningitis, I think it may be a heat rash as she has no other symptoms.

shewolfmum Thu 24-Nov-16 23:05:20

Looks like eczema or dry rash. Could be viral rash but prob not of no other symptoms. Changes to diet or laundry?

Boatmum1 Fri 25-Nov-16 18:57:50

My 9 week old is in the midst of his second bout of this rash. Has no other symptoms and it doesn't seem to bother him... He's a hot little thing generally so think it's heat rash as it waxes and wanes with his temperature. Both times its come on after I've left the woodburner on overnight and the rooms been a touch warm confused last time it went away in 3 days. I've currently got him asleep just in a vest and socks after a wipe down with cool water- and just like last time it seems to be clearing it up (finally!)

beautifulgirls Fri 25-Nov-16 20:27:12

Scarlet fever? If so you need to see the GP for antibiotics.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now