Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Disappearing teeth?!

(7 Posts)
Strawberrybonbons16 Wed 23-Nov-16 21:00:06

DD is 5 months, since she was 3mo she has had a white dot on her lower gum where one of her first teeth would appear, she's also been dribbling terribly and chewing on her fists for months too so I put it down to teething but nothing has cut through quite yet. Today when I looked in her mouth the white dot has completely gone, surely it can't just go? Anyone had anything similar?!

Motherofatruck Wed 23-Nov-16 21:11:20

Perhaps her gums are swollen, so hiding the little bit of tooth you could see? I'm willing to bet her tooth will come through properly very soon smile

TheWrathFromHighAtopTheThing Wed 23-Nov-16 21:14:24

They do a bit of moving about before they properly appear. smile

Strawberrybonbons16 Thu 24-Nov-16 03:39:28

Thank you smile Was so surprised to see it had vanished and not quite sure people believed there had actually been something there for months! My eyes aren't playing tricks on me then smile

sleepy16 Thu 24-Nov-16 10:26:59

It sounds like a epstein pearl, very common in babies and they do look like a tooth just about to come through.
They disappear after a few months.

MulberryBush12 Thu 24-Nov-16 14:22:48

As Sleepy says it's probably either an Epstein pearl or a Bohn's nodule, rather than a tooth erupting.
Both benign, nothing to worry about; disappear by themselves.

Strawberrybonbons16 Fri 25-Nov-16 14:02:14

She did have an Epstein pearl when she was born but that was on the roof of her mouth, so maybe it is that. Was just puzzled as its in the exact place where a first tooth would appear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now