Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is that normal?!

(6 Posts)
DariaJask95 Mon 21-Nov-16 20:24:54

She's my first baby and I don't know if I'm over reacting or if my LO is unhappy. She's 6m old and she cries in her sleep!

I try to keep her day predictable more/less, I play with her most of the day. She has my attention all the time, we hug I try to make her laugh, give her lots of kisses. But then comes the night. She's sound sleep and then suddenly she cries even though her eyes are closed!!!

Is that normal?! Why does it happen?

HollowTalk Mon 21-Nov-16 20:32:08

Mine did that and it frightened the life out me! They would laugh, too - one big burst of laughter and then a totally straight face!

DariaJask95 Mon 21-Nov-16 21:28:03

Did you do anything to stop it? Like a hug or holding their hand?

HollowTalk Mon 21-Nov-16 22:11:43

I held their hand and stroked their cheek and whispered to them.

Oh you're bringing back my memories now!

DariaJask95 Mon 21-Nov-16 22:23:30

I give her, her dummy but I seem to wake her up every time :/

They must be pleasant memories! It's precious when they're infants smile although I have no comparison of what it will be like in couple of years, I do love it now. Although I do have that fear thing hanging over my head of 'what if I'm doing something wrong'

HollowTalk Mon 21-Nov-16 22:33:01

They are very pleasant memories. My children are in their twenties now and I'd give anything to have them back as babies, just for a short while!

Doing something wrong now isn't the issue - wait until they're teenagers and you'll know you're doing something wrong (they'll tell you!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now