Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Winter vomiting bug erghhhh my sofa!

(3 Posts)
SeaDragon86 Sun 20-Nov-16 08:20:17

So my daughter has picked up the dreaded winter vomiting bug and yesterday evening without warning she projectiled everywhere all over my sofa! Now, I know it's only bleach that kills the norovirus germ and temperatures of sometimes above 65 degrees c. How am I going to clean my sofa? And no they're not machine washable annoyingly. Everything else I Bleach including my own hands and I'm very meticulous. So this is panicking me slightly. Tips and ideas would be massively appreciated.

suzuki650 Sun 20-Nov-16 11:28:23

Have you got any bicarb of soda? Sprinkling that on the sofa, leaving it to dry then vacuuming off should take a lot of the smell off & help clean it. It may take a couple of try's but it works on our sofa, 1001 spray is also good but id use it on areas that can't be seen as it may take some colour out. It's fab for car seat sick though. Luckily my son was only sick on his bed last night- so thankful for waterproof sheets! smile

helensburgh Tue 22-Nov-16 20:47:13

Milton sterilising fluid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now