Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Newborn and vomiting bug- advice please!

(4 Posts)
DuckWaddle Sat 19-Nov-16 14:15:01

My dd has just come down with a vomiting bug- she was out at the time with my dh. I have a 1 week old EBF newborn. I'm so worried about how vulnerable he will be at such a young age so have left the house to my parents. It's broken my heart leaving my dd when she's ill. Can anyone advise on whether that's a sensible thing to do?

Finola1step Sat 19-Nov-16 14:19:13

I'm no expert but yes, I think I would have done the same. She has a parent caring for her. Hopefully, she will be feeling better very, very soon.

Use this break at your parents' place to rest as much as you can.

DuckWaddle Sat 19-Nov-16 14:45:24

It's such bad timing as she's already found it hard adjusting to a new baby this week and me being away in hospital and now I've left her in her time of need. I feel really awful!

Lookinatu Sat 19-Nov-16 15:11:21

Try not to worry about it my ds had a vomiting bug which passed to dh and then to dd (3weeks old at the time). Hopefully it will just be the 24 hour thing and your dd will be back to normal quick just be very strict with hand hygiene etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now