Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any way to see into DDs ears?

(3 Posts)
Peopleplease Tue 15-Nov-16 21:33:57

Crazy sounding question I know!

DD is 3 and suffers from wax build up in her ear - especially her left ear. A while back I noticed she was pulling at both ears so I did olive oil drops (as recommended by GP). This was the third time I needed to do this on her left ear but first time on the right.

She's still fiddling with her ears a bit and I'd love to know if it's just habit or if I need to keep doing the drops. She says they feel fine and it seems a complete waste of time to make an appointment for the GP to just look at them. My GP doesn't do wax removal, I'd need a referral to an ENT consultant.

So is there any way to check myself?

confused114 Wed 16-Nov-16 20:07:00

I do this with my dd, when they are asleep, use the torch on your phone and gently pull the ear back, just a tiny bit and put it the light over the ear. I was shocked when I saw my daughters, it was absolutely full of wax. Totally blocked. You should be able to see by doing it this way but obviously very gently x

Peopleplease Wed 16-Nov-16 21:32:49

I can try that! Although she's a pretty light sleeper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now