Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 week old - poo question

(3 Posts)
Charlalala Sun 13-Nov-16 22:16:29

DC1 is 6 weeks and BF. Up until this point he has pooed regularly and several times a day.
He now hasn't pooed since yesterday midday.
Should I be worried? He seems ok and is farting away as usual but has never gone this long without an actual poo.

user1471950254 Sun 13-Nov-16 22:30:26

As long as he seems okay I wouldn't be worried. You could try massage etc to help things along.

However I found my DC's poo habits changed from after every feed to approx once per day around 6/7 weeks so it may be that

Strawberrybonbons16 Wed 16-Nov-16 17:30:31

This happened to my DD at 6 weeks too. She went 10+ times a day for the first 6 weeks, then she hit the 6 week mark and it suddenly stopped, she too is BF. She 5 months now and still goes once maybe twice a week at most! She seems happy and farts away too lol. I think they can just settle into more of a settled pattern. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now