Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Once-off vomitting - should I be worried?

(3 Posts)
PlinkPlonkPlunk Wed 09-Nov-16 16:04:29

DS is 3, and was a little bit sick overnight (didn't seem to wake up; there was just a little bit of sick on his pillow this morning). He ate breakfast and was fine, and then we went to the park, where he ran round full of energy. Suddenly he stopped, vomitted, and went pale. His colour came back, though, and he seemed ok, maybe not quite as energetic. When we got home, he lay on the sofa for a few minutes, but then got up and seemed fine again. Happily ate lunch (though not loads) and has been fine since.

No temperature or anything, doesn't seem tired, not complaining about tummy pains.

DH and I are due to go out this evening and have arranged a babysitter, but I don't want to leave him if a) he's not feeling well, or b) he's likely to be sick on the babysitter. OTOH, we have tickets to a play, so if we miss it tonight, we won't get to see it.

I don't think it really sounds like a tummy bug, though, does it? It seems more like he's eaten something that hasn't agreed with him. DH is insisting we should go out, but I just thought I'd see what MN thinks!

McBassyPants Wed 09-Nov-16 18:04:07

Definitely still go. Babysitter can call if concerned?

PlinkPlonkPlunk Wed 09-Nov-16 18:18:29

Yeah, I mean, we're not going all that far, so could be back quickly. I just don't want him to be sick with the babysitter there. Seems bright as a button still, and lunch and dinner have stayed down!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now