Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

10 year old dd has suspected Hydrantis supperatitve

(6 Posts)
TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Sun 30-Oct-16 09:38:46

I feel sick about it.

I first noticed lumps when she was about 8. The lumps started to spread and hurt more, eventually one became very inflamed and she was prescribed antibiotics. She is now on her 6 the course of these. They help but don't clear it up. She has been referred to a dermatologist.

She has grown little boobs but no body hair or periods. Everything I've read says this starts after puberty.

She appears to have had this since she was just 8. Her peachy little bum is covered with red pea shaped spots.

I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy. I'm really down and depressed about it. Does anyone know about pre pubertal hydrantis?😭

hollinhurst84 Sun 30-Oct-16 11:28:47

flowers I've had since I was about 12 so after puberty really (started periods at 9)
It tends to flare and go, my groin is affected but not badly. 20 years on its OK, my armpit has one that flares and causes issues and that's it
There's a lot of helpful FB groups of you're on there

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Sun 30-Oct-16 13:30:57

There's no flares, it's just there all the time. None of the spots ever burst, they just swell and then spread redness across the whole area, which looks like infection. At the moment they respond to antibiotic lotion. Is this likely to carry on? Or will it become resistant?

hollinhurst84 Sun 30-Oct-16 13:39:31

When is the derm referral? Good that she's been referred, it doesn't sound typical of HS
I've never had lotion, always courses of antibiotics

TheEmojiFormerlyKnownAsPrince Sun 30-Oct-16 13:44:58

We've got a private one in a week, but also waiting for NHS as can only afford one private apointment. Could l ask in what way is it not typical? She's got nothing under her arms.
I've looked for FB groups, but can't find anything. Thanks for posting, it's a huge help.

hollinhurst84 Sun 30-Oct-16 15:37:18

Try searching hydradenitis supprativa support and also the spelling hidradenitis as both are used
It tends to flare then settle, so an abscess then discharges then settles
Usually groin, armpits and boob area

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now