Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bugs behind bed...help identify please

(4 Posts)
ktmummy1 Fri 28-Oct-16 07:49:22

My son woke up with a rash under his fringe a couple of days ago. It looked like chicken pox blisters but was only on his upper forehead and no where else. We wondered if it was a heat rash as he's been wearing a hat. Anyway, when I pulled out his bed, there were a few of these around the edges of his carpet shock. Can anyone help to identify them. Sorry pic quality is awful. Obviously I've had a massive clean up and checked mattress etc, no sign of any more...

Lizi192 Fri 28-Oct-16 07:59:15

The pic isnt very clear but looks like a possible carpet beetle. my friend had some and she just put flea powder down for a day. vacced it all up and never had an issue after that x

Guessinggame2016 Fri 28-Oct-16 08:16:24

Yes that's the larvae of a carpet beetle. Very common. Pretty sure they don't bite or anything.

Monkeyinshoes Mon 31-Oct-16 23:24:49

Those are carpet beetle larvae.

They don't bite but some people are allergic to them which can cause itchy bumps/rash.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now