Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Did your DD have any signs before her periods started?

(7 Posts)
bunnybleu Sun 09-Oct-16 23:34:29

My DD is 11 and for the last couple of weeks has been feeling sick and having pains in her tummy. Now tonight she has actually been sick, so it might just be a bug but I'd been starting to think that maybe it's hormone related as she hasn't started having periods yet.

I can't remember anything from the lead up to mine, but I wonder if any of you have daughters who've not long started periods, did you have any 'warning' that they were on the way?

We're prepared for it when it happens, I'm just wondering if there are any signs to look out for beyond her age and puberty!

dementedpixie Mon 10-Oct-16 13:52:19

Does she have breast buds and pubic/underarm hair? My Dd had them and had started to get discharge before hers started. She started at age 11. Puberty goes in stages : Tanner Stages and it depends where your Dd is as to whether she is due to start soon

beautifulgirls Mon 10-Oct-16 19:04:18

Any chance this is a grumbling appendix?

bunnybleu Mon 10-Oct-16 20:47:50

Appendix? Blimey, I hadn't thought of that, will keep an eye out.

Thanks for the Tanner info, there's every chance she's about ready for things to start. I'll ask about discharge as I guess that's the best sign of it about to start. I don't remember having any signs before I started for the first time although I remember that bit as clear as day! Thank you both for your replies.

vjg13 Sat 15-Oct-16 17:34:03

My daughter has just started (13), apart from pubic hair and discharge she also had a fairly big growth spurt in the few months before. A few tummy aches but could be unrelated.

lljkk Sat 15-Oct-16 17:50:29

Not really any signs. Needed bra long b4 menses, I suppose.

booellesmum Sat 15-Oct-16 22:19:24

DD had discharge for a good few months before she started. Tummy pain only the day before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now