Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox or something else?

(3 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Thu 06-Oct-16 19:09:26

I'm second guessing myself here, DD is 18 month and had a day of being suddenly really sick in the car, then nothing then woke up in the night and threw up again and had a really high fever of 39.3 degrees and was really grotty.
I took her pjs off to cool her down and she had 1 spot on her tummy that I remarked to DP looked like a chicken pox spot but she had no more.
When I took her nappy off in the morning she had a hundreds of the same spots located on her whole nappy area and maybe 3 on her torso, she was clawing at her bottom so I assumed it was the pox. Today she has more spots on her hands and shoulders but the rest of her doesn't have the spots with a blister but a flight, fine, light pink rash all over with a few small clusters of the chicken pox spots and then her nappy area is twice as bad as it was where she's scratched all the spots open.

My DSs all had chicken pox spots all over them so now I'm second guessin myself. I've added a picture.

dementedpixie Thu 06-Oct-16 19:55:54

Sounds more like hand foot and mouth than chicken pox

Teds77 Thu 06-Oct-16 20:13:48

The pictures don't look like the 'typical' early stages as they tend to be fluid filled blisters. Plus they continue to come in 'Waves' over the first few days so you still get the fluid-y/blister spots even as earlier spots become more scabby (the middle picture could be the more 'scabby' stage maybe??). Sorry not to be more helpful but based on pictures I'm not sure it's chicken pox. Hope your DD isn't in too much discomfort x.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now