Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What's this mark on sons face?

(6 Posts)
PJ67 Thu 29-Sep-16 19:53:06

Noticed a small red mark on 7 yr olds cheek. Not raised at all. Any ideas?

cestlavielife Thu 29-Sep-16 22:12:33

Fungal go to gp for correct cream
Or maybe impetigo needs fucidin

Piscivorus Thu 29-Sep-16 22:18:57

I'd wait and see if it spreads or goes on its own. He may even have knocked it without realising but either way it may well be something and nothing

I don't think you can say fungal or impetigo from such a small patch, especially if it is new and I don't think a GP would be impressed with giving an appointment for something that small that has just been noticed unless he is unwell or has other symptoms.
Impetigo is often more around the mouth and develops a yellow crust so doesn't look like that at the moment

1potato2potato3potato4 Thu 29-Sep-16 22:27:46

Agree with pp, I'd wait and see on that.

PJ67 Thu 29-Sep-16 22:58:39

Thanks. Put some sudacrem on and will probably disappear. Will see if it develops over the weekend.

cestlavielife Fri 30-Sep-16 13:28:32

Dd has had impetigo varioys time on cheek not on mouth eg on cheek. Ypu can ask to see practice nurse not gp. Unfortunately in uk you can t get some creams eg fucidin otc
But see after weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now