Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mystery rash

(7 Posts)
louise987 Fri 23-Sep-16 13:33:09

My 1yr old has had this rash for nearly a week now, no temp, no loss of appetite, no other symptoms other than a slightly snotty nose. It's raised, red and on limbs and face.

We have been in some houses with cats, so possibly an allergy, or we were also wondering if it's hand foot and mouth, but the the fact she is otherwise totally fine has been confusing us! Possibly prickly heat? Has anyone else seen anything similar and have any words of wisdom they can share?

Thank you!

Witchend Fri 23-Sep-16 14:31:42

Looks fairly chickenpoxy to me. Have you seen a doctor?

LondonTizz Fri 23-Sep-16 14:40:27

Doesn't look like chicken pox as after a week would have expected most of the earlier spots to have crusted.

Could be popular urticaria which is a rash kids can get in response to an insect bite (eg. Flea bite if been around cats).

LondonTizz Fri 23-Sep-16 18:23:37

Sorry papular urticaria not popular!

louise987 Fri 23-Sep-16 21:18:50

Thank you! The lack of temperature or blistering is what confused us, as she's totally otherwise happy and well but the spots look terrible!

louise987 Sun 25-Sep-16 21:15:10

It didn't improve so we took her to a dr (expensive as we are currently visiting friends in the US, gotta love the NHS!). It was gianotti crosti syndrome, in case anyone else has a similar condition! Looks like I'm just going to have to get used to having a spotty baby for the next few weeks, and judging looks from others thinking I'm out with a child who has chicken pox!

shewolfmum Sun 25-Sep-16 23:37:01

Poor bubba...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now