Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Perioral Dermatitis

(4 Posts)
Comingfoccacia Thu 22-Sep-16 17:48:26

DD 8 has this condition, basically really sore, chapped skin under and on the lips. We have kept moisturising the area, a cocoa butter ones seem to helps atthe moment. Warm weather and sunshine also help but that's soon to be in short supply!
Anyone else have experience with this?

autumnlove Sat 24-Sep-16 17:46:01

Try Fucidin which is an antibiotic cream. Don't use steroid and avoid porducts and toothpastes with SLS in them.

Kathysclown Sat 24-Sep-16 17:53:18

Both myself and my daughter have had this. Different things worked for each of us - lots of Cetaphil moisturizer and nothing else for me, and Avene Cold Cream for her (not Aveeno, Avene). All steroids etc just made us both worse. I hope you find a solution - it is a really miserable thing to have.

Comingfoccacia Sun 25-Sep-16 08:36:56

Thanks for the responses! For the last few days we've been using Bepanthen nappy rash cream which seems to have made a real difference. Off to get some flouride free toothpaste next.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now