Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Potty training for six months, still multiple daily accidents. GP?

(5 Posts)
Justwanttoweeinpeace Tue 20-Sep-16 17:28:34

We started potty training at Easter, DS was coming up to three. He was enthusiastic, able to take down his clothes, use potty etc. He's physically small for his age.

Six months in and a good day is only one accident. Six accidents a day is not unusual. He understands the whole process and we go to the toilet all the time but he's just not staying dry. Some of it is that he's just too busy playing or what have you, but even promises of chocolate or whatever aren't motivating him.

He goes to the loo around ten times a day. He drinks about average. DH thinks I should go to see the GP but I don't know if we are normal and should just keep going.

Any advice?

Shurelyshomemistake Fri 23-Sep-16 19:49:49

Maybe he is just too young? Not aĺl children are ready by 2-3.

What is he wearing in the day? Pants? Or pull ups?

PacificOcean Sat 24-Sep-16 07:00:44

But it sounds like he's now nearly three and a half? I think this number of accidents does sound unusual after six months and at this age. I think a visit to the GP is a good idea.

marthastew Sat 24-Sep-16 07:07:58

Definitely see GP. My son was the same and it turned out there was a good reason why he couldn't get the hang of it. Seek advice now before the stress of the accidents begins to impact both of you.

Dangermouse1 Sat 24-Sep-16 07:12:09

Try phoning the Eric helpline www.eric.org.uk they are really helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now