Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Tummy pain and headaches, migraine or something else?

(7 Posts)
dodobedoop Sun 18-Sep-16 13:46:06

DD is 11. She has been experiencing Tummy and head aches for a few weeks. No nausea or vomiting. One night last week she woke in the night with the headache.

She has been to optician, no change to her prescription, and we have cut down on dairy, as a toddler she was diagnosed as lactose sensitive.

Yesterday she was fine, then she started with tummy pain in the afternoon.
I've been reading about migraine, but she has none of the nausea symptoms.

She has a diagnosis of reflexive sympathetic dystrophy, a neuropathic pain condition. She is currently doing well re this, and off her pain meds.

Just wondering what people think please? Am
sure it's not the RSD, as not the usual symptoms.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 18-Sep-16 13:50:46

Could she be starting her periods? Headaches can be caused by hormone fluctuations and that might explain the stomach cramps.

dodobedoop Sun 18-Sep-16 14:02:34

I did wonder that. She's had a growth spurt too, not sure if that's anything to do with it? Probably not.

I've put her a little case in her school bag so she's not caught out with it.
She's not been any more stroppy than usual though, calmer and more laid back if anything!

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 18-Sep-16 14:11:28

Maybe keep an eye on it and get her checked out if it continues? A doctor could do a urine test. That would be a good starting point to rule out a UTI or it could be a grumbling appendix if it's mainly on the left side or even constipation.
(I'm only guessing though.)
Doctors are likely to pin it on her RSD though as that is an on going condition. If she's just come off her pain meds could it be a reaction or withdrawal symptom from that?
Hope she's feeling better soon.

madison247 Sun 18-Sep-16 18:02:31

Hi my dr is one she wont eat mutch and she is filling her nappies with loss poo all the time .may b its her teeth but i dont no as first time mum eney one help?

dodobedoop Mon 19-Sep-16 21:47:30

Thanks Ilostit. I phoned the doctor's today, to take a urine sample in tomorrow and go from there.
She's been off her meds for several weeks now, so it shouldn't be any lingering effects.

I'm hoping they don't pin it on the RSD, if they do I'll push for earlier rheumatology appt, she's not back while November.

dodobedoop Mon 19-Sep-16 21:48:57

Hi madison. Sorry, it's a long time since my DD was a baby! You could start your own thread, and you'll probably get more response that way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now