Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anybody know what this mysterious blister could be?

(24 Posts)
Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 16:22:57

We've been to a trampolining party with my youngest and ds2 also had a play. He came off and waited about half an hour while the party had their food then we went to the car and got in. Within about a minute he complained of his hand burning and before our eyes this appeared. It looks like a blister in the shape of a polo! It only appeared once we got in the car, he insists he didn't hurt it on anything. Showed the chemist and she just said put E45 on it but where could it have come from?confused

ImperialBlether Sat 17-Sep-16 16:27:57

That is really weird. I could understand if he was holding a rope or something, but how could that happen on a trampoline! Was he holding onto something?

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 16:28:46

No and I don't think it happened on the trampoline because surely it would have come up in the half an hour he was sat waiting for the party to finish?

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 16:46:21

Anyone else?

RockinHippy Sat 17-Sep-16 16:53:04

Could he have been standing around the side of the trampoline & getting over excited & bouncing up & down whilst holding onto the bars around the trampoline ??

Ive seen very similar happen with my own DD when she was younger & she was always a bit of a bouncer when small, especially if excited. Standing & gripping onto the bar whilst bouncing & jiggling around caused her skin to blister - though thanks to a medical condition, she does blister easily

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 16:57:05

There aren't any bars to hold onto, it's one of those places where the trampolines are fitted into the floor. Also, he's almost 11, so not so easily excited these daysgrin

CurlsLDN Sat 17-Sep-16 17:05:56

Are there any round metal bits on the car seat, the adult seat belt, car door etc that could have heated up in the sun?

RockinHippy Sat 17-Sep-16 17:15:36

Ah, at 11 i would guess he was past that stage grin

My other guess would be a spider bite, but I would have expected the pharmacist to have spotted that, plus my experience of those is that they are a bit more yellowed

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 19:51:29

I've checked the car - can't see anything! It's very bizarre!

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 19:54:57

This is it now - the circle is so perfect!

BeachysSandyFlipFlops Sat 17-Sep-16 19:56:43

Looks like he's hiding a Cheerio!

artlessflirt Sat 17-Sep-16 19:58:14

Do you have one of those cigarette lighters in the car? Could he have been messing around with that?

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 20:00:34

It's smaller than that and he was sat right next to me, I would have seen. He'd have told me anyway.

AMR123456 Sat 17-Sep-16 20:05:59

It does like a blister/ burn. How strange it's a perfect circle. Is it burning/painful now?

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Sep-16 20:08:17

how odd!

RockinHippy Sat 17-Sep-16 20:10:09

Now Ive seen the second photo, I'm thinking it could be ring worm (fungal infection) ??

Its a bit more raised looking than I would expect it to be, but maybe that's because it's on the palm of his hand

If you have any tea tree oil, regular application of that can clear it, or see your chemist for cream

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Sep-16 20:15:51

ringworm wouldn't come up so rapidly.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 17-Sep-16 20:18:16

but it does look like photo 2 here so maybe rockin is right.

Ikeatears Sat 17-Sep-16 21:03:58

I thought of ringworm but it's definitely a blister - it's not scaly or any dry skin. It went from nothing to that in about 5 minutes, just like you'd expect with a burn. It's not bothering him now. Says it doesn't hurt anymore.

Ikeatears Sun 18-Sep-16 19:42:35

Just thought I'd bump this for any extra ideas?

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 18-Sep-16 19:50:53

It's obvious, at some point during the party you took your eyes of your son, and he was abducted by an advanced alien race who have fitted this implant into his hand to feed back information to them.

Ikeatears Sun 18-Sep-16 20:32:38

grin Funnily enough, we said a similar thing! We've been calling it his alien cheerio grin

Olympiathequeen Thu 22-Sep-16 19:20:15

Looks like a blister which has collapsed in the middle. Odd that he hasn't been holding onto anything enou to cause a blister though.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 25-Sep-16 16:26:08

from the position it looks like he was leaning on something, was there any equipment with a circular tube which might be missing a lid/cap that he could have been leaning on for a while/caused suction/vacuum?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now