Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Any other mums with ill kids this weekend!?

(15 Posts)
MYorke92 Sat 17-Sep-16 07:59:46

It's that time of the year ..again ! my poor baba (nearly 3 ) has a viral infection in his throat and ears high temp on and off sickness etc. So obviously I'm worried it's more sinister when deep down I know he's okay! Anyone else wanna vent and chat ? help me not to go insane ladies brewsmile xx

sleepy16 Sat 17-Sep-16 08:35:02

It's hard when there young, I'm lucky in that my children (apart from eldest) very rarely gets sick.
I was up the hospital with my sister and nephew last week as they thought he might have sepsis.
Bloody scarey, turned out it was a throat infection (he is 15 months).
Children love to keep us on our toes, and a constant worry.
Hope your lo gets better soon.

MYorke92 Sat 17-Sep-16 08:58:42

Oh my gosh thank god it was a throat infection that must have been terrifying they really are hardy creatures though I think they deal with it better than adults sometimes!! All the best xxx

LiquorsOnDeck Sat 17-Sep-16 15:03:36

Hope that your little one is improving? Does he go to nursery? Feel for you as I hate when mine are poorly.

Shootingstar2289 Sat 17-Sep-16 20:41:46

Yes one poorly 14 month old here. Took her to toddler group for the first time the other day and every other child had a streaming nose now she's really poorly with a cold, bad throat and also teething too. 😥

Cannot be helped of course but I wish I could take it away from her.

I'm just waiting for my five year old to get ill. He seems to pick up quite a few illnesses from school.

Hope your son feels better soon!

Paintedhandprints Sat 17-Sep-16 20:44:39

5mo has got his first cold. I'm exhausted. It's passed 2yo by, but dh has come down with it aparantly. hmm

Lovewatchingrainfall Sun 18-Sep-16 11:59:33

Was up all night with my 3year old had a temp of 39.3 managed to bring down 38.3 with Calpol. Had a cough for the last few days. Guessing a nasty virus temp has stayed at 38.1 all day and guess what husband has buggered off to a friends ands left me too it. So been awake since midnight. Sod the chores today

ilovemonsters Sun 18-Sep-16 15:33:47

My nearly two year old has just came out in chicken pox which explains the extreme whingeyness we've had all weekend but I have a 6 month old here too so praying they don't both end up with it at the same time!

Hope your little ones all start perking up soon smile

MYorke92 Sun 18-Sep-16 16:58:36

Hey ladies yes my boy seems to be a lot better now! You know they'll get better it's just not nice being out of routine and seeing them so down! #cabinfever confusedgrin I did still take him out yesterday afternoon and it was such a relief to get the fresh air xx

WalkerBait Sun 18-Sep-16 17:02:17

3 year old with croup here. Been to hospital for steroids this afternoon now in bed sad he gets something to do with his breathing every September without fail envy

MYorke92 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:04:00

Lovewatchingrainfall how's yours today ? It's tough when you have to do it on your own cus you don't get a moments peace. My other half used to be awful with helping out it never occurred to him but I've trained him now lol. (Just about)! He's at work for 9 days tho this week barely see him so I know how you feel xxx

MYorke92 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:05:17

Shootings tar and painted handprints how are yours ?x

MYorke92 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:07:07

Walkerbait my nephew is the same he's 7 now so it's not so bad but he used to take the steroids most years for his breathing I think it was the allergens affecting him I can't remember now! X

MYorke92 Sun 18-Sep-16 17:10:04

It's an infection isn't it just remembered now ! Sorry lol

Haudyerwheesht Sun 18-Sep-16 22:38:57

walker kids with asthma are 3 times more likely to end up in hospital in September than August. Has he ever been assessed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now