Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Severs disease and gymnastics

(4 Posts)
popmimiboo Mon 12-Sep-16 19:04:46

Has anyone got any experience of this in sporty children?

Pandsbear Fri 16-Sep-16 22:09:51

Yes my DD has (had) servers disease. Diagnosis was about 18 months ago now. She could not have continued gymnastics when it first started but would be mostly fine now. The physio really helped (but you need to encourage following the exercises as it makes a big difference to the pain).

ihearttc Sat 17-Sep-16 18:11:23

Yes DS1 has (had) Severs Disease as well. He was a keen footballer...still is but he had to take it easy for quite a while.

elfonshelf Tue 20-Sep-16 21:47:04

I had it very badly as a child - in those days they put me in plaster... 6 weeks in, 6 weeks out for over 2 years.

The only things that I found that helped were special shock-absorbing insoles in all my shoes and exercises to length the muscles in the backs of my legs.

So sorry for your daughter - it's so painful and limiting. Hope her school are being supportive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now