Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Daughter feels very ill before going for a poo!

(4 Posts)
Lje1983 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:45:32

I need some help please. She has been to the doctors who say they have never heard of these symptoms before and at the moment are doing no further investigations.
My 7 year old daughter very often suffers very painful symptoms about 10 minutes or so before she has a bowel movement. She gets a bad headache, lower back ache, feels very sick and goes as pale as a ghost! The 1st time it happened she was crying hysterically because she was in so much pain I phoned 111, by the time the docs rang back she had been for a poo & the symptoms had pretty much gone. It has been happening for at least 6 months now, not all the time but often enough to notice it's a thing! She isn't constipated, and has a pretty regular pattern of normal poo's. It doesn't seem to be diet related either as we have done a food & pop diary!!
Has anyone else experienced this because she really does get very poorly when it happens & we don't know why!
Any advice will be greatly appreciated x

rabbitmummy Sat 10-Sep-16 18:51:06

Maybe her blood pressure drops, would explain headache and pale colour...could be to do with straining or bearing down

Badders123 Sat 10-Sep-16 19:36:48

Google functional abdominal pain in children

Lje1983 Mon 12-Sep-16 20:45:24

@Badders123 thank you, I have looked up what you suggested and it's the closest thing I've found so far, I have given my gp the information and hope to get it investigated further! The other thing I have found that offers similar symptoms is 'abdominal migraine'
We shall see...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now