Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Broken bone?

(5 Posts)
DozyDoriss Mon 05-Sep-16 21:16:05

Ds 9 was carrying his scooter and it hit him in the leg, this was on Friday. He didn't tell me about it until Saturday and he had a huge bruise, he said it was really painful and was crying on the floor but still managed to get up and play a 50 minute game of football. He's been moaning about buyback weekend but we've just made him rest (he's a drama queen!)

This morning he was in pain walking to school and started crying as soon as he got there, I thought nerves as first day back. When he got home I looked at his leg and its swollen quite a lot.

Does anyone think it may be broken?? The bruise is on his inner right leg just a love his ankle

Eyedrophell Tue 06-Sep-16 21:38:19

How is he today op?

cuntinghomicidalcardigan Tue 06-Sep-16 21:40:57

Have you been to a and e with him? With that level of pain, plus bruising and swelling and pain on weight bearing it would be worth getting it checked.

DozyDoriss Wed 07-Sep-16 17:00:48

He's a lot better with it, not moaning and the bruise is going yellow, but it's still swollen.

I'm hesitant about going to a&e with him because we've been loads over nothing! He is a big drama queen, we had to go in July to get splinters removed!

DozyDoriss Sun 11-Sep-16 19:54:41

Ds leg is still swollen, most of the bruising has gone now. How long should swelling last for? He's not in any pain now thank fully, just has a big lump on his leg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now