Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox - WWYD

(12 Posts)
tickleyourpickle Mon 05-Sep-16 12:10:48

My DD has had a horrible bout of chicken pox, started last Friday, covered head to toe, she is over it now and back at school.
DS has not yet had chicken pox and due to start school tomorrow.
Im reluctant to send him in knowing that he could be possibly contagious if he has caught them from his sister, Or am I being too cautious?
DM and MIL say send him in, I'm not sure

QOD Mon 05-Sep-16 12:13:19

I am massively anti spreading the pox BUT he doesn't have it
May not get !
If he's unwell don't send, if fine, that's life

Haudyerwheesht Mon 05-Sep-16 12:13:31

Send him. It can take 3 weeks to show itself and he might not get it at all.

BigMamaFratelli Mon 05-Sep-16 12:22:31

Yup send him in. Dd1 came out in chickenpox 16 days after dd2.

AveEldon Mon 05-Sep-16 12:33:32

send him in

tickleyourpickle Mon 05-Sep-16 14:00:09

Thank you, il send him in, obviously the first signs of the pox and il keep him off smile

RedKites Mon 05-Sep-16 20:51:30

You could mention it to his teacher, so that if he seems under the weather they realise it could be the start of chicken pox and maybe call you sooner than they would otherwise.

FuzzyOwl Mon 05-Sep-16 20:52:54

I would warn the school to be on the lookout but send him in.

WeAllHaveWings Mon 05-Sep-16 21:09:02

ds never caught chicken pox at nursery until the 3rd time it went round the room. He might not get it.

SingaSong12 Mon 05-Sep-16 21:12:15

Let the school know and if they are fine with it let him get on with the new term.

dementedpixie Mon 05-Sep-16 21:15:54

It was about 15 days between Dd having it and ds getting it but the incubation period can be up to 3 weeks so you can't stop doing everything just in case.

tickleyourpickle Mon 05-Sep-16 22:19:07

I spoke with his teacher this afternoon and she said he is fine to come in but obviously at the first sign (if any) she will get in touch

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now