Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

First day back to school tomorrow and DS been sick

(9 Posts)
SoapAlert Sun 04-Sep-16 22:13:17

I will keep him off if he is not feeling better of course, but if he dies feel better, would you keep him off anyway?

LifeIsGoodish Sun 04-Sep-16 22:16:33

48h from last vomit or diarrhoea.

(Unless you know for sure that he chucked from something non-illness, travel sickness or nerves, for example.)

Gileswithachainsaw Sun 04-Sep-16 22:17:08

Yes he has to stay off I'm afraid. Look at it this way it's far more likely to remain a one off if he's not running round like a loon with his friends.

Annoying though as dd2s are usually one offs...

Hope he feels better soon flowers

Haudyerwheesht Sun 04-Sep-16 22:18:35

48h from a vomit

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 04-Sep-16 22:20:39

Keep him off.

My kids were/sometimes still are world champions at being ill just before the return to school after holidays. Pesky blighters.

Mausageandsash Sun 04-Sep-16 22:24:36

Do you know what the reason was? If he wasn't ill I'd send him in but you'll have to keep him for 48 hrs if a bug. Hope he feels better soonflowers

SoapAlert Sun 04-Sep-16 23:10:55

I don't think it was anything he ate. His auntie has been ill recently so perhaps he caught it off her.

I will keep him off for 48 hours as recommended. I won't be thanked for starting off the sickness rounds!

Witchend Sun 04-Sep-16 23:48:17

Ds is hoping this happens to him hmm

With dd2 I wouldn't keep off unless she was sick more than once (with school's agreement) as it would most likely be her anxiety effecting her tummy.

With the others I would keep off.

Dickorydockwhatthe Mon 05-Sep-16 11:46:43

Feel your pain ds has been sick second day of starting secondary grrrr

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now