Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Lisp

(7 Posts)
thegoodnameshadgone Sun 28-Aug-16 19:07:50

DD aged 3 had a lisp. Is this likely to correct itself or should I be thinking about a speech therapist? Is this a common thing?

Mumalade Sun 28-Aug-16 20:43:33

Hello. My 6 year old daughter has a lisp. I took her to a speech therapist before she started school as I'd read that most children grow out of them by about 2.5. The therapist confirmed she has an interdental lisp and said if she still has it by junior school they will refer her to SALT, but they won't see her earlier. My daughter is just going into year 2. If you look online there are various exercises you can try to minimise it, but my little girl wont have any of it - she absolutely loves her lisp!

Igglepigglehadasplat Mon 29-Aug-16 17:07:01

How do I deal with nits when there are also chicken pox scabs?
Chicken pox now all scabbed over now but 1 DC had dozens of eggs and they all have some signs of nits. I want to start getting rid of the nits today as I don't want them to scratch and get the chicken pox scabs infected. I have been and bought the essentials today. Nit comb, conditioner and obviously wine......

Igglepigglehadasplat Mon 29-Aug-16 17:17:36

Not sure what I did there. Will have a go at actually starting a new post like i meant to. ....

thegoodnameshadgone Mon 29-Aug-16 17:23:54

I am sure I have the nit thing to come. Daughter starts nursery in a week or so!! The wine sounds absolutely required X

Igglepigglehadasplat Mon 29-Aug-16 21:12:24

It was.

thegoodnameshadgone Mon 29-Aug-16 21:26:41

Hahahaha I really cannot wait to deal with nits confused I know all kids will get them. So as you've just dealt with it, in prep what do I need to buy? Aside from wine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now