Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

so 10:22pm is a good time to find nits. Remind me again, what's the best order to do things in?

(10 Posts)
yoink Fri 05-Aug-16 22:24:42

shampoo, nuke then conditioner inspection?

or just nuke and rinse and send to bed?

or conditioner then bed?

or what. Tell me what to do, I'm tired. thank you.

IMurderedStampyLongnose Fri 05-Aug-16 22:26:43

Bed then worry about it in morning.then in morning comb,shampoo,clean comb and comb through hair again.Then wash all bedding clear hairbrushes etc.poor you tis no fun at all

Tuiles Fri 05-Aug-16 22:26:44

Send to bed and deal with tomorrow. Is no worse than it was yesterday!

FiveFullFathoms Fri 05-Aug-16 22:27:25

It's late. I'd rise her hair, condition it and leave it overnight. That should kill the little fuckers. Then you can comb out and wash in the morning. Repeat after 48 hours.

elephantoverthehill Fri 05-Aug-16 22:35:55

As above but try to keep hair wrapped in a towel to hold in the conditioner, or if you've got some nuke stuff put that on, wrap in a towel and cope with in the morning.

yoink Fri 05-Aug-16 22:37:17

what, go to bed with wet hair?

I'm torn. I know it's not a risk, but he's uncomfortable.

god, we've been gagging for kids to go to bed so we can have a wine and then, 'muuuuuuuuuum...?' and there's crawlers <boak>

elephantoverthehill Fri 05-Aug-16 22:43:28

How old is Dc and how long is the hair? My Dd has been combing out herself since the age of 10. I do another check obvs. It is summer, no one is going to get pneumonia with wet hair. Open your wine and relax.

Haggisfish Fri 05-Aug-16 22:47:30

Nitty gritty comb and lotion. Lotion up or condition ASAP in morning. Comb, wipe on tissue. Repeat every day for ten days. Sympathies-dd moaned of itchy head and found forty of the crawly fuckers!!!!

MrsS1980 Fri 05-Aug-16 22:49:43

The killer stuff needs to stay on for 8 hours. Buy it in the morning, put it on tomorrow night then condition and comb every night until the little things are all gone.

yoink Fri 05-Aug-16 22:52:38

OK, I've nuked and I'll nitty gritty tomorrow. DC (10yo) is sat upstairs waiting and he'll shower himself in 15 mins.

So glad we had some nukes left over from last time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now