Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd1 (5) wetting herself and smells

(11 Posts)
Mummytron Tue 26-Jul-16 20:33:00

Bit of advice please...

Not overly worried but dd1(5) has started wetting herself again. She does this from time to time and I normally out it down to being distracted. It really smells at the moment and I order if it's just because it's hot? I sent a sample in last time when it smelt but was fine.

Any advice please?

McBassyPants Wed 27-Jul-16 06:19:11

Get it dipped and checked. Could be a UTI. Nothing to lose by ruling it out :-)

Mummytron Wed 27-Jul-16 10:16:17

Ok I've got her to do a sample, very cloudy for a start but seems to be settling.
Should I request it's sent off? Or just checked at the GPs?
X

Mummytron Wed 27-Jul-16 21:26:37

She has a urine infection.
Feel terrible that this didn't occur to me because she has no symptoms othe than the smell and wetting herself.
On anti bs then retest after.

McBassyPants Wed 27-Jul-16 22:04:15

Trimethoprim? Nothing to feel bad about hun, just one of them things. Bear in mind for future reference, smell is a great indicator x

Mummytron Wed 27-Jul-16 23:02:46

Yes trimethoprim.
She hasn't been ill tho, just the accidents and smell.

Had this a while back so hope it hasn't been going on this long.

Witchend Wed 27-Jul-16 23:37:15

My Gp said that if a reliably toilet trained child starts having accidents it's always worth checking for an infection.

Mummytron Fri 29-Jul-16 19:13:03

She's fine in herself but has had a few episodes of wetting and smelly wee for a few months. I really hope this dose will sort it out. She seems to have a lot, the bottle doesn't seem to be going down!

She is saying she has a tummy ache a little while before weeing but not every time she goes.

Mummytron Fri 05-Aug-16 16:32:19

She finished the dose and sent in a repeat sample this morning.
When I rang for the results they said it's been sent off but no reason why?

Is this normal?

DailyFailAteMyFish Wed 10-Aug-16 07:57:40

Sometimes the first run of trimethoprim doesn't kill it. If her wee still smells she may need another 3 days.

knickerelasticgonetwang Thu 11-Aug-16 20:12:03

Cranberry juice is a great way to help the urinary system get her to drink one glass a day. And get her to keep drinking loads.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now