Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone actually seen a "healthy glow" on children's faces ?

(4 Posts)
recall Tue 26-Jul-16 16:08:46

I recently re organised our diet, started shopping on line, and reducing the processed junk the children eat dramatically. I now buy 3 times more fresh fruit and veg. They have adapted quickly and snack on fruit quite happily, only eating crap when they visit grandparents or parties.

I have noticed that their skin does have a sheen to it now, and also have noticed it on my husband. I even asked them if they'd been putting cream on or something. Has anyone else ever seen this ? ( or is it in my imagination )

LaurieFairyCake Tue 26-Jul-16 16:23:39

Sure, on everyone. The closer I eat to natural food with fuck tons of veg and fruit the better I look.

I look like a zombie the day after a bottle of wine - grey, pasty, sweaty face. Blocked pores, wrinkly, dehydrated. Like a zombie basically.

wizzywig Tue 26-Jul-16 16:28:12

Ive really cut down on carbs n sugar (was going to write cut out carbs n sugar but that would be an utter lie). Anyways, my skin isnt as puffy. I actually look pretty good

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 26-Jul-16 16:31:45

Not on dd1. She always looks like ghost complete with black eyes.hmm

But she does look worse if she hasn't eaten properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now