Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

worms?

(6 Posts)
poaspcos Sun 10-Jul-16 20:27:11

I'm not certain if DS has worms - I don't know what they look like blush he's mentioned an itchy bottom a few times and I assumed it was because he didn't wipe properly at nursery

My bottom isn't itchy and I'm TTC in the 2WW

Do I take him to the GP and they confirm it before treating? Or do I just buy OTC treatment?

I'm OTT about hand washing as I have OCD and am not immune to CMV either so I don't share any body fluids and wash hands constantly after every nappy change/toothbrushing etc - will I still probably get it?

Is it to the point you'd know if you had them or could you have them and not realise?

DiamondInTheRuff Sun 10-Jul-16 20:32:35

Threadworms? DS had thenm a few months back. I'm pregnant so couldn't treat. I just bought OTC stuff too and dosed DS, DH and my mum as she has DS a lot.

Washed everything and I didn't get it. DS was more difficult, it was a nightmare to stop him scratching. DH has really awful personal hygiene too - never washes his hands or anything. I guess we were lucky.

poaspcos Sun 10-Jul-16 20:39:15

I think threadworms yes - how do you tell?

All I have to go on is him saying his bottom is itchy a few times - every time I put it down to him not wiping properly

Is there a way to tell? Would the GP examine him?

DiamondInTheRuff Sun 10-Jul-16 20:49:15

You can usually see them. They're most active at night so you could have a look now, with a torch. They literally look like little bits of thread moving around.

We didn't see GP, although we did inform nursery. They changed all the sand in the sand pit... blush

poaspcos Sun 10-Jul-16 21:08:58

He's still wide awake (in bed but yelling for drink- book- scaring monsters away)

I will check when he's finally asleep though he's still in nappies at night so could prove difficult hmm

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 11-Jul-16 02:44:09

Just treat him, it will do hom no harm whatsoever to have the treatment even if it turned out he didn't have worms, so you've nothing to lose smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now