Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Allergic reaction

(15 Posts)
tickleyourpickle Sat 09-Jul-16 19:28:53

DD woke this morning with a rash on her face which faded after 30mins or so,
Throughout the day today the rash has spread to all over her body, it comes up in really red angry patches and looks like the skin is blistering, then it goes again.
She's had 2 doses of piroton.

I took her to the chemist and they said just keep giving the piroton, she's now covered, her whole body in patches of it.
Does it sound like an allergic reaction? I've no idea what it is she has had a reaction to though?

VioletBam Sun 10-Jul-16 11:30:38

Can you put a pic on? Is it sore? Itchy?

tickleyourpickle Sun 10-Jul-16 11:54:21

Il try to add a picture. It's very itchy. She's woke up just the same today, big red patches then they fade then more appear ...

tickleyourpickle Sun 10-Jul-16 11:56:06

Pictures ...

fanjoforthemammaries Sun 10-Jul-16 11:57:55

If it's not settling I would get her seen

misspym Sun 10-Jul-16 12:01:29

Looks the same as the allergic reaction my dd gets. In her case though it usually goes away fairly quickly once she has had Piriton.

Do you know what she is reacting to?

It is the kind of reaction dd gets when she has physical contact with an allergen.

misspym Sun 10-Jul-16 12:02:37

Have you used different washing powder on the bed clothes or maybe the formula has changed.

Does your dd have history of allergies?

PinkFluffiUnicorn Sun 10-Jul-16 12:07:44

It looks a bit like a similar rash that my dd had, hv said it was 'slapped cheek' think it's a virus

fanjoforthemammaries Sun 10-Jul-16 12:15:33

I agree re the bedding..I would wash it today in plain water

tickleyourpickle Sun 10-Jul-16 12:22:10

She's never reacted to anything before. The only thing I can think of is she sat on a horse at the school fair on Friday night, but then she strokes horses all the time and has never reacted to them before.

sleepy16 Sun 10-Jul-16 15:13:10

Has she had a virus recently?

tickleyourpickle Sun 10-Jul-16 16:32:04

She had a sickness bug on Tuesday
Maybe it's related to that?

umizoomi Sun 10-Jul-16 16:35:15

The third pic looks like an urticaria (hives) rash. Does it disappear and re-appear in other places? My DS has this a few years ago following a viral infection

tickleyourpickle Sun 10-Jul-16 17:16:32

Yes that's exactly what it does, disappears after 30 mins or so, then comes up again in other places.
Sounds like it is just from the sickness bug that she had last week then.
Did it just clear up after a feed days?

sleepy16 Sun 10-Jul-16 19:44:53

Yes hives can come after or during a viral infection.
If it is that it can take hours or days to go away.
Just keep up with the antihistamine and if you do get worried take her back to the doctors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now