Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD keeps involuntarily shutting one eye

(4 Posts)
Titsywoo Sat 25-Jun-16 21:47:04

She said it has been happening for about a month. It's almost like a big twitch or tic. Her eye shuts and sort of flickers for a few seconds at a time. She says she can't control it. Her eye isn't sore or itchy or anything. Is this something to see the optician about or the GP? And any ideas what it could be?

blamethecat Sat 25-Jun-16 22:01:39

Worth going to get her eyes tested. Might just be tiredness.

nonicknameseemsavailable Sat 25-Jun-16 22:17:55

I think it is worth seeing someone, no idea what it is though, I would probably speak to optician first to be honest, I expect they would have the time to take more notice and they can see an enormous amount through eyes and the area.

Titsywoo Tue 28-Jun-16 22:23:36

I've booked her an opticians appt but the earliest I could get is next Friday. I know it sounds shallow but she has her secondary school induction next week and I do worry that she will be doing this odd winking thing which might put at her a disadvantage when it comes to making friends. I know it shouldn't matter but you know what kids can be like! Maybe I'll try and find another one who can do a test sooner. Not that they will necessarily be able to help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now