Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Wheeze

(6 Posts)
Roastie1986 Sun 19-Jun-16 08:33:32

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some support? I had a rather traumatic situation last year when my son had gastrointorirus and ended up being rushed through to resuscitation after being so dehydrated. This has caused a massive anxiety issue within me. Ever since then every single cold or fever he gets I'm in a state. Esp since he now gets a viral induced wheeze along with a cold. I'm feeling extremely scared lots of the time that something awful may happen to him. I'm on edge every single day. I'm always tearful. And frightened seems like almost every day. I need some advice of anyone else is an anxious parent who is in the same situation as me. I'd be great full to know I'm not alone.

The2Ateam Sun 19-Jun-16 08:46:14

My son also gets viral induced wheeze with colds, but he has multiple allergies. What has your GP said about it? We have blue inhaler to relieve symtoms, but need to be aware of any signs that he is working hard to breathe. For example, if he is sucking in his tummy or under his ribs when he breathes in, you need to get him seen as soon as possible. X

The2Ateam Sun 19-Jun-16 08:48:20

Sorry, I don't know how old your son is bug when mine were both very small I was very anxious particularly about their health. It did pass for me, but you should be well informed. So if he is wheezing with every cold, I would push for a bit more investigation.

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 19-Jun-16 08:51:56

I understand your feelings op I'm in a similar situation my ds is 6 months and been in hosp 3 times with bronchilitis (first time when he was 2 weeks old).
I feel on edge constantly about him catching another cold-listening for any more wheezing. It's really difficult sad

Roastie1986 Sun 19-Jun-16 09:05:42

My son will be 2 in august. It's awful. I have been in hosp twice now with it. And all it is is a viral induced wheeze which he will apparently grow out of. But om constantly on edge waiting for the next cold. And yes the Sucking in of the tummy. It's frightening. I'm always scared. Scared of everything around him. I've been to docs about my anxiety but I didn't feel any better and in fact made me worse. Feeling that I was a bad mum for my anxiety. Frightened to get councilling. My only help is here where others make me feel better and I know I'm not alone. I'm sorry to you all for going through the same. Thanks goodness for a site like this so we can all support each other xxsmile

Wishfulmakeupping Sun 19-Jun-16 16:18:05

Yes it's good to be able to speak to you all who are going through the se thing- it's lonely at times isn't it sad
With my dd we were constantly out at baby groups etc but this time my ds has been so poorly and even when he's well I'm worried to take him out in case he catches something else and my friends don't really understand xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now